DefianceBG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Re: Google home connectivity to Soundtouch

+1, integration with Google assistant would be a huge thing, I'm confident every user would be happy to have that .
VicVicVic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I can't believe this year-old topic is still around due to the funtionality not being available still.

VicVicVic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I may have to start doing this by buying a Chromecast Audio device. I already have 7 Google Home devices in my house.

You said that you're wasting a ton of Bose features. What do you mean?

DavidHzNY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Hmmm... well, what I mean is I'm using the Bose Wave pretty much just as a speaker system now and just telling Google Assistant what music to play. So I'm not using the AM/FM tuner, the whole SoundTouch app, and all the other WiFi capabilities, and I can't run the CD player through the voice control.

If I could do it all over again now, I would buy the Google Max, which costs about the same as the Bose Wave I bought several years ago, and just be all good with that, with its integrated Google Assistant. I bet the sound quality on the Max is comparable to the Bose Wave I have.

Highlighted
Yoshico
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Just bought the Google home hub and utterly disappointed that I can't control my st300 with it.
GD_83
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Hi Greg,

is there any planning out of your feedback to the dev team?

I have one Bose SoundTouch 30 and 10.
I would like to buy next devices, but I do not support amazon and I will not invite Alexa to my home.
I already use Google Home and this would be the only direction for me.
It would be great to have any forecast for when Google Asistant will be integrated to oyur devices?
Please share some feedback with us.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
GD

thank you

Alantabs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Very dissapointing Bose! Don't you feel we, your customers deserve some sort of answer?

SBangera
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

I think the answer is Google chromecast audio. Google gave a solution in just $15.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-chromecast-audio-black/
sanjeev40084
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Just bought about 3 google home mini on this black friday. Pretty sad, it can't control Bose Soundtouch speaker. I believe there is already Alexa integration, not sure why there isn't one for Google Home when there are been so many customers asking for it. 

DavidHzNY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Not to promote BestBuy specifically, though they do have a good sale price, but the link provided to the Google Chromecast Audio didn't seem to work for me - try this one:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-chromecast-audio-black/4532100.p