BuddhaSource
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Re: Google home connectivity to Soundtouch

We have reached a point where we can't ignore Google Assistant. I have a couple of Sound Touch 30 and love the fact that I can play music across rooms.

I also bought Google Home and love the fact it is so convenient and I end up playing mostly from Google Home. I also bought Chrome Cast for Bose but I have to turn them into Aux mode etc when I need it. Not fun.

If Bose can bring in Chrome Cast support then nothing like it, everything is sorted. I am seriously considering getting Google Home Max and slowly replace Bose even tho I love the sound quality of Bose but what matters is what you use more frequently?

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Come on! Please give us some info.

spitfir23
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Great News!!!
Google assistant now offers the ability to listen to music on Bluetooth Speakers!!!
Here's a link in how to set it up!

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7672356?p=bluetooth_speaker&visit_id=1-6365794216357800...

I've linked it up with on speaker in a Stereo Pair, and now Google Answers questions in the Google Home Device, but plays all music on my Bose Sound touch Speakers!! Hallelujah.
Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

The Bose speaker make an annoying beep every like 30 minutes. When there is nothing playing from the Google Home speaker. And when you try to turn of the Bose speaker it just turn itself on. So not so useful. Give me the power to control the Bose speaker with my Google assistant.
deepfriedbrain
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

I have Bose SoundTouch 20 purchased in 2014. It doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity option. 

Having direct support for Google Assistant through a Google Home device on the same Wi-Fi network would be great! Otherwise, I may be forced to switch to Google Home Max. While I love my Bose ST20 for its sound, the convenience of controlling the music through voice is too irresistible. Hope Bose realizes that it's cannot ignore Google Assistant for too long.

stlewis1117
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

@Brian_M 

That is only partial true. You can do this but you will then be unable to use your tv audio without switching the cable every time you want to use the smart home features. There is as of now no way to have a pariety Alexa experience using google home with the soundtouch 300 even with a chrome cast. 

Wergez
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Any updates on controlling the Soundtouch by Google Home?

Alantabs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Yes I'd also like to know when they'll be a seamless connection between soundtouch and Google home. Come on bose what are you doing?

yellowdavid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2018

+1 on integration with Google Home / assistant. 

Zimborob
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2018

I run a large yacht and we have google assistants in each cabin, the main areas, galley, crew mess, bridge etc. Outside I have SA5's running BOSE outdoor speakers. How do I get google home to recognise the SA5's??

All I want to do is recognise them as speakers so that I can cast throughout the entire boat.