Travel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Re: Google home connectivity to Soundtouch

Glad I checked before buying the SoundTouch outdoor wireless system with 151 SE speakers. I like them a lot, but already researched the Home Assist options and chose Google Assistant. Also looked at the Bose F1 for barn workshop but due to no link to Google Assistant, will have to explore other speaker options. Not sure why Bose is reducing its customer market by only linking with Amazon products. Maybe Bose does not have the capacity to do more than one tech project at a time?

Alantabs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Yes it is a shame Bose dont offer an integration. Google Home is really good.  I am thinking of ditching by Bose sound touch. Hardly use the bose speakers anymore.

Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2018

I found a program called BSTControl ( https://bstcontrol.com/Features ) which enables Google Home to work together with Bose Soundtouch

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Can not get it to work
Alantabs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Yes I looked into the BSTControl but we are an apple house and I dont wat to leave a windows device running full time just to use Bose Soundtouch.  Plus you have to subscribe to their cloud service!!!  Messy!  I just want Bose to provide in integration app like the hundreds of other providers do for GoogleHome.

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

It does not work anyway. Can not ask bstcontrol anything just leaves the conversation before i can ask anything. All my speakers have been found in the bsthome app on My computer.
Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

And their support does not answer questions.
deepfriedbrain
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

How about the privacy? Would you feel comfortable sharing your Google Assistant data with an unknown third-party?

Menks13
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Yes
Alantabs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Does anyone know if there is an easy solution to this?  Cumon Bose, surely you can wip up an app?