andylyonette
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Re: Google home connectivity to Soundtouch

BSTControl allows you to control your SoundTouch speakers using Google Home and you can sign up for the public preview now at https://bstcontrol.com/.

Thanks,

Andy

petedb74
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

I have been a Bose customer for about 6 years and have most things (over 20 Bose Devices) I have a reasonable sound touch group with 8 speakers been looking at more speakers (another 4 systems to finish the house) but since the first ST20 I brought (pre bluetooth) to now I have not seen much alteration in the Sound touch functionality. a few years ago they did alter the app and destroy a lot of functionality we did lose a few functions that are now back so a year for no change is pretty normal for bose soundtouch.

wildanielen2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Hi,

I have som sountouch speakers and was testing BSTControl today.

Running the client BSTHome on a windows computer - it almost worked 🙂

The list of speakers are sent to BTS Control and Google Assistans is able to list the speakers.

However BSTHome Connection is all the time:

Listener connected:DISCONNECTED

So I´m not succeeding in sending commands to the speaker from https://bstcontrol.com/Portal

Even though all speakers are listed.....

Any idea of how to solve this would make my day 🙂

Best regards,

/Daniel

JAAS666
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Got tired of waiting... Sold all my Soundtouch devices and got a HomeMax for the living room and home minis for every room.

Sound quality on the home Max is very good..the minis not so much but I'd rather have an integrated solution rather than be jumping hoops to get the functionality I expect.

Next up replacing home trather setups for google home compatible ones. Any suggestion?
samuelngfc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to use the Logitech Harmony Elite hub to connect it with both Bose Soundtouch and Google Home for voice control?

VicVicVic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi. I have a SoundTouch 300 and just purchased a Chromecast Audio. I tried plugging the Chromecast Audio into the soundbar, but couldn't find a jack for it. How'd you plug it in? Thank you.

DavidHzNY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

According to https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/soundtouch-300-soundbar-package.html, the SoundTouch 300 sound bar has no 3.5mm audio input jack (although it seems to have several special-purpose 3.5mm jacks, none of them audio in). I don't know of another way to hook up the Chromecast Audio. Another boo to Bose. Always thinking of the customer.
tbose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

The best way to do google home integration would be first an integration to

have all connected bose speakers switch input to auxiliary and set base level volume "OK google: link bose", custom google home phase runs a smartthings routine to turn speakers to auxiliar and set volume to preset number. Ideally there would be a command from Google Home saying audio was starting which would automate this process, but easiest method first. Same for music ending to save power of speaker being left on.

Then use google chromecast audio to connect. Need to find out if there is a published delay for the speaker my ear is only so good and would like to see if someone figured out how to calibrate. "Ok google: Play ### on Everywhere" Everywhere being speaker group created.

Voice commands go through the google home and all audio is using google 3.5mm audio and chromecast in tv speaker system for synchronization.

As a plus the bose speakers staying connected together is awful... to the point I don't want to use it when friends are around because it's embarrasing when it connects on and off.

tbose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

The soundbar has HMDI? You can use chromecast and do everything the same as was a google audio.

Codym10
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

You can use Smart things to create a virtual button and create with a Speaker integration (Bose), which then can be used with Google commands. It takes a little while but is pretty much as functional as both Alexa Bose skills.