Re: SoundTouch and Google Assistant Integartion

Hello NickMeulenbroek, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Whilst I am not aware of any plans to add Google Assistant to SoundTouch, I will pass your feedback onto the development team. In the meantime, as mentioned at the beginning of this thread; 

"Google Home can communicate with other Google Chromecast-enabled devices by "casting" over Wi-Fi. SoundTouch products are not Chromecast-enabled and do not have these features built-in. That being said, Google does make a product called the Chromecast Audio. This can be connected to any Bose speaker that has an auxiliary input. Once the adapter is connected, you can then cast audio to the speaker, as long as it is turned on and set to AUX."

This may be a workaround for you, I would be interested to hear if you have tried this previously. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Matt_D.Papa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2019

The chrome cast audio is discontinued. I bought 8 or 9 of them when they started being out of stock, and they work flawlessly (at a fraction of the price Bose sells their soundlink adaptor: I must have paid them 17$ each)! That being said, it's still a  real bummer to see Bose doesn't listen to any of it's users' feedback. The prices are inflated because Bose is essentially the "Apple" of speakers, but the service isn't there, there is no loyalty program and Bose seems to be going against integration with it's new Bose app and the fact the soundtouch speakers aren't compatible with the new app, forcing people to invest in yet another systeme.

I've been with Bose for maybe 15 years now, I own several systems and sadly, I am considering transitioning over to a more versatile system since there are many good options on the market now. The Google Max is surprisingly good for it's price, I was impressed. I would say it's probably just as good as the SoundTouch 30.

sussington
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Vicky_W,

Just curious, why is it that you are not aware of any plans to add Google Assistant to SoundTouch devices, yet Zoe_C from this forum seems to know otherwise?

Sounds like a runaround.

Hello sussington,

I would just like to reiterate that we do not currently have any information regarding Google Assistant being added to our SoundTouch devices. The link you have provided does not appear to be working, but I have located an older thread that contained incorrect information. As such, we have updated this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

sussington
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

My apologies about the link not working Charlotte_G. Here is the full URL to the forum I was referencing.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Google-home-assistant-intergration/td-p/196467

Is this the older thread you were referencing as well?

Hi Sussington, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

Yes this is correct and this was the thread we were referencing, this has now been adjusted, I can only apologize for the confusion caused in this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SBangera
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Kindly clarify, isn’t there a support for google assistant on SoundTouch/Soundbar 700 now? 

is there any plans to role similar updates on previous versions or Bose speakers as a patch ?

Hi SBangera, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I would love to clarify this further for you. 

At this moment in time Google Assistant is not available for any of our SoundTouch Speakers, whereas Google Assistant is available on our Smart Home Speakers that use the Bose Music App in some regions. The regions that currently support this are Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, USA and the UK! 

I hope this clears this up for you and if you have any further questions please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

SBangera
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Hello Hector B,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate you sharing the details about the smart home speakers with Google Assistances support. But, is there even a plan in the coming months to provide similar support on SoundTouch speakers (Soundbar 300) ?

Hi SBangera,

Thanks for coming back to us!

Great question! We do not have any information regarding the implementation of Google Assistant on our SoundTouch products at the time. We will update the Community if this feature becomes available. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O