Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Home Speaker 500 Bluetooth setup

The 500 was delivered today.  Excited to replace the Solo device I've not enjoyed over the last year.  Looked forward to being able to connect via bluetooth vs wifi.  But seems even this simple interface is now complicated.  Rebooted both iPhone X and 500, deleted the App and reinstalled.  Still no luck.  Did get the iPhone to connect directly via bluetooth, but of course can't play anything through the speaker that way.  Any helpful ideas accepted.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Home Speaker 500 Bluetooth setup

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Just want to add an update.  Called the support line and after connecting with the rep it took 2 minutes to get the device working on bluetooth.  The fix was to press and hold the bluetooth button and the device then connected and I was able to play music.  Yahoo!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi DEP7, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are unable to get any audio whilst playing Bluetooth. 

Does this occur with every device you connect to your Home Speaker 500?

Have you successfully connected your speaker to your WiFi network? Are you able to connect the speaker to the Bose Music app? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

On a 2nd iPhone I was able to get to the point I could select the speaker but then got an "oops something went wrong msg".  On the initial setup attempt wifi selection came up but that also failed and haven't seen that option since, on either phone.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Just want to add an update.  Called the support line and after connecting with the rep it took 2 minutes to get the device working on bluetooth.  The fix was to press and hold the bluetooth button and the device then connected and I was able to play music.  Yahoo!!!

View solution in original post