Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Hot. Garbage.

So once again, Bose "updated" the firmware on these my Soundtouch 10's, and they don't work whatsoever.

They keep disconnecting from the network, and essentially can't be reconnected. The connectivity on these is purely AWFUL. The app is AWFUL. I'm an engineer for Pete's sake. I'm about as technically proficient a customer as they are going to find. I simply can't imagine the frustration non-tech savvy customers have to endure.

Hey Bose. I bought these in April and they've done nothing but make me want to throw them off of a tall building since they came out of the box. If you search online, this is not a "ME" problem, this is a well-known and persistent problem with these speakers! What are you doing about it, and please don't tell me "Making Firmware Updates" because every time you push one out, you make the problem worse.

How do I get my money back on these pieces of refuse?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Hot. Garbage.

Hi Simpson21, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your SoundTouch 10 system following the update. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and we will do all we can to assist! 

Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have tried already so we do not go round in circles? 

In regards to a refund, we will be unable to advise through this platform as we are not service-based. I would encourage you to reach out to your local support team for assistance with that. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@simpson21 wrote:

So once again, Bose "updated" the firmware on these my Soundtouch 10's, and they don't work whatsoever.

They keep disconnecting from the network, and essentially can't be reconnected. The connectivity on these is purely AWFUL. The app is AWFUL. I'm an engineer for Pete's sake. I'm about as technically proficient a customer as they are going to find. I simply can't imagine the frustration non-tech savvy customers have to endure.

Hey Bose. I bought these in April and they've done nothing but make me want to throw them off of a tall building since they came out of the box. If you search online, this is not a "ME" problem, this is a well-known and persistent problem with these speakers! What are you doing about it, and please don't tell me "Making Firmware Updates" because every time you push one out, you make the problem worse.

How do I get my money back on these pieces of refuse?

Have you tried:

ensuring your devices are on the same network 2.4 or 5 Ghz?

resetting your speakers?

most importantly logging out of your SoundTouch account and logging back in?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

this is the best troubleshooting advice and will fix 97% of all the problems anyone is having with Bose soundtouch Devices 

RICK SAYS::: 

Have you tried:

ensuring your devices are on the same network 2.4 or 5 Ghz?

resetting your speakers?

most importantly logging out of your SoundTouch account and logging back in?