Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

How to add Lifestyle 135 to SoundTouch?

Hi, I can't add my Lifestyle 135 to my SoundTouch account? It is connected to my WiFi network, but in the last step by adding to SoundTouch I get some error message!? Please help. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: How to add Lifestyle 135 to SoundTouch?

Hey @Rene M., thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Lifestyle SoundTouch 135 system. Could you please let me know the error message that you are receiving?

Have you been able to connect before, or is the first time you are setting it up?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi,

I send you Screenshots of my mobile with error messages. (Sorry, it is in Czech, but you will know what´s happend). First pictures - Soundtouch found Lifestyle 135 "Loznice Bose", second - I have to set the name, third - it is unable to connect and to add this system to Soundtouch!?

It is for the first time I want to add this system to my SoundTouch network (already I have connected 5x Soundtouch 10 and 1x Soundtouch 20).

Thank´s for help.Screenshot_20201016_163827_com.bose.soundtouch.jpgScreenshot_20201016_163834_com.bose.soundtouch.jpgScreenshot_20201016_163843_com.bose.soundtouch.jpg

Highlighted

Thank you for providing the screenshots, Rene. I suspect the issue is to do with the firmware of the SoundTouch adapter for your LS135. The good news is we can update the firmware, by following the procedure shown under the heading 'Manually updating using a USB cable' HERE.

Once the firmware has successfully installed onto the SoundTouch adapter, go through the setup one more time over, and you should find no issues. Let me know how things go!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi,

I have tried to update the firmware by "Manually updating with a USB cable".

After 20 minutes I saw only this screen:

Updating with USB cable.jpg

so I have disconnected the cable connection.

Than I tried to update the firmware by "Updating with USB thumb drive".

The procces started correctly, but again after 20 minutes without feedback I ejected the USB drive.

And from this moment the light on the SoundTouch adapter does not light at all (although the adapter is connected to the console). 

IMG_20201018_204018 (1).jpg

It is not possible to connect the console to the WiFi. The LED on the console by StandBy lights few minutes red, but then goes out completely (doesn´t light).

I tried to reset to adapter and also restart to the factory settings - but without success.

What is wrong and what should I do, to "wake up" the adapter for normal use?

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted

Hey Rene,

Thank you for giving that a try. It's possible the update may take more than 20 minutes to complete as it may have never been updated. Therefore, next time we run through the process of updating with a USB cable, I'd recommend giving it at least an hour and then deciding whether to continue.

Also, a note about the LED - did this disappear as soon as you stopped updating with the cable, or when you tried to update using the USB drive?

Since your post has the LED status changed or is it still failing to light up after trying resets?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi, 

It is not possible to update the adapter through USB cable, because after connection to the pc the computer "can't see" the adapter, although the adapter is connected to the console and the console is on. 

About the white LED on adapter - I think it stopped update by USB drive. 

And after reset is the situation the same, the white LED on adapter stay off. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying, Rene.

The factory reset process can be quite tricky to successfully complete, so we should give that another try just to see if the adapter is still responsive:

1. Turn on your system.
  2. On the back of the system console, disconnect the SoundTouch adapter from the Bose link and USB jacks.
  3. If connected, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the adapter.
  4. On the back of the adapter, press and hold the Control button and, while holding it, reconnect the Bose link cable to the console.
  5. When the light on the adapter begins blinking white (about five seconds), release the Control button.
  6. Reconnect the USB cable to the console.
  7. Wait until the light on the adapter is solid amber. (Note: While resetting, the light will change colors and blink patterns for up to 4 minutes)
  8. If previously connected, reconnect the Ethernet cable

If you find this process does not bring a response from the adapter and show any LEDs, then I would advise that you reach out to local support to look into replacing the adapter. This way you can install the firmware update onto the new adapter, and have your LS135 system connected to the SoundTouch app.

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi,

thank you for your help. Everything is working and OK.

BR Rene 

Highlighted

@Rene M. Thanks so much for confirming, please can you mark the steps that worked as the accepted solution to help others? 

Let us know if you need anything in the future!