Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

How to change soundtouch 300 WiFi setting to new WiFi

Hi,

I just changed my broadband service provider. Now I would like to know how re-configure the soundtouch 300 to the new WiFi setup.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: How to change soundtouch 300 WiFi setting to new WiFi

Hello, 

Thanks for your question 

Please follow this link to provide you with instructions on connecting to your new WiFi Network. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you for the reply. I had tried the procedure you have provided in the above link.

I tried the Soundtouch app.

1. It asks for add speaker

2. Select WiFi or Ethernet. I opted WiFi.

3. Setup Mode. I pressed continue.

4. Then it asks to select speaker. I opt SoundTouch 300.

5. Prepare to connect. As suggested, pressed Soundtouch symbol and pressed 9 till blink all lights. Then after WiFi shows solid amber light. Then continue from app.

Now the problem starts. The app says

"Allow soundtoch the following permissions? Turn WiFi on or off". Two options are there Deny once or allow once. Both options turn off WiFi.

Please guide me further what to do? I just changed WiFi provider and re-installed the SoundToch app.  

Highlighted

Hi Shajan,

Thanks for the update! It's definitely strange that you are getting these messages when you try and connect.

As this hasn't worked for you the next thing to do would be our alternate setup method that bypasses the app until the speaker is online and connected to the network.

To do this, you want to follow these steps below:

• If connected, disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the soundbar.
  • Power on your product, then press the SoundTouch button on the remote control.
  • On the remote, press and hold the 9 button for about 5 seconds until the Wi-Fi and SoundTouch lights on the soundbar glow solid amber.
  • On your computer or mobile device, go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi network.
  • Open a web browser and go to http://192.0.2.1 to view the setup screen.
  • Select your network and enter the network password, then select Connect.
  • Wait while the product connects. The Wi-Fi light blinks white, then glows solid white when connected.
  • Select CONTINUE.
  • Open the SoundTouch app and follow the instructions to connect your product to your Bose account (otherwise your product will only have AirPlay functionality).
     - When prompted, select SYSTEM ALREADY CONNECTED TO NETWORK.

Let me know how it goes!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

When try to access http://192.0.2.1, it shows a black screen with a heading "SoundTouch". There is no option to select the network. I refreshed the browser many times whether it gives any other options. But failed miserably. What to do?

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

What device are you using to perform setup? Is it a smartphone/tablet/laptop? 

Have you tried to factory reset the speaker instead as an alternative? You can do this by following these instructions: 

A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system and returns it to original factory settings.

1. On the remote, press the SoundTouch button
  2. Press and hold the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button) until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch, and Bluetooth lights on the soundbar flash white
  3. When the Wi-Fi LED on the soundbar glows solid amber, open the SoundTouch app on your computer or mobile device and add the system to your network

Be sure to let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Noooo yaar. Really frustrating.....

In the earlier solution I tried with my Dell laptop and browser is Firefox.

When press and hold Teletext button, al lights turned white. Then keep on pressing till I get solid amber light. Then both soundtouch and WiFi turned blinking in amber light.

The app is showing

"Allow SoundTouch the following permissions?

turn Wi-Fi on or off

Deny Once        Allow Once."

If don't select it go to "Deny Once" after 10 seconds. If select yes or no it turn off Wi-Fi and keep on coming the message.

What is wrong with app? It was working earlier. Is there any other app?

Really frustrating after making this much huge investment with Bose.

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply! 

I'd recommend trying initial setup on another device like an Android/iOS smartphone. Alternatively, try uninstalling the app from your computer, then reinstall it. You can get a fresh copy of the app from this link.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Now I'm able to connect with WiFi network using the IP no 192.0.2.1. A tick mark displayed after connecting with network. But as you suggested WiFi light didn't turn to white.

I tried to connect with laptop app then. It says to connect with laptop. But how to connect soundbar with laptop? Which cable can be used?

Highlighted

Hey Shajan! If your soundbar managed to successfully connect to the WiFi, the WiFi LED should've turned solid white. Since your post, has the LED turned white?

When you use the SoundTouch app on your laptop, you'll want to look for the option 'System already connected to network'? Then, it'll search for your soundbar connected to your WiFi.

Let me know what progress you make!