Oct 12, 2019

How to connect Bose sound touch 10 to Samsung smart tv

5 REPLIES 5
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: How to connect Bose sound touch 10 to Samsung smart tv

SoundTouch speakers were not designed for TV/Av applications. I suggest the Solo 5 speaker if you are looking for an affordable solution.

Hello ErinMontgomery, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I would love to assist you with this. 

I would like to firstly reiterate what rickatk has stated above about how the SoundTouch 10 is not directly designed to be connected as a TV speaker, however this can still be possible by the following solutions. 

If your TV can provide a Bluetooth connection you can connect your TV via Bluetooth. However please note if you are able to achieve this you will most likely experience an audio to video lag if you are using your speaker to work alongside video. The best way to avoid this is through connecting your speaker to your TV via aux cable if this is available on your TV. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

HiLife
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Hi, can someone please address the "how" part of this question.

Connecting ST10 via Bluetooth is out, for me, due to the delay.

So, hard wire connection: RCA out from TV & 3.5mm in to 1 speaker?

If correct, is there then a way to add the 2nd speaker?

Thanks, happy tunes!

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@HiLife wrote:

Hi, can someone please address the "how" part of this question.

Connecting ST10 via Bluetooth is out, for me, due to the delay.

So, hard wire connection: RCA out from TV & 3.5mm in to 1 speaker?

If correct, is there then a way to add the 2nd speaker?

Thanks, happy tunes!

Sending a signal from the TV via an analogue cable to the Aux input of the ST 10 will no doubt result in a sound delay. You could try an RCA cable that is split to right and left  on one end and 3.5 mm on the other end. Assuming your tv putting out audio via right and left stereo port. Alternatively if your tv is putting audio out using a head phone jack that might work. You will just need a cable with 3.5mm on one end and whatever sizes meets the tv’s headphone jack. As far as a second speaker probably no way. 

Speak2me
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

see if you can find a split rca left and right channel y cable. I have one I believe I purchased at radio shack years ago, bound to find one on amazon ... something like this 

FosPower Y Adapter (8 inch) 2 RCA (Male) to 1 RCA (Female) Stereo Audio Y Adapter Subwoofer Cable (24k Gold Plated) 2 Male to 1 Female Y Splitter Connectors Extension Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZVLBY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ZoE9DbRKRSWP0