Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hong Le
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

How to connect chromecast to soundbar300 to a projector

Hi everyone, i connect a chromecast on HDMI in on my soundbar 300, and other hdmi cable connect from HDMI ARC to HIMI in on my projector

The video is ok but the sound is on the projector speaker

does anyone know how to turn on the sound on the soundbar ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: How to connect chromecast to soundbar300 to a projector

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi @Hong Le ! The HDMI port on the SoundBar 300 does support Audio Return Channel (ARC) however the projector also requires the ability to send audio via ARC as well. I would check your projector's owners manual to see if it does support ARC and make sure the Soundbar 300 is connected to the HDMI ARC port on the projector (most TVs/projectors only support this through 1 HDMI port). You may also need to adjust an audio setting in the projectors menu. Again, the projector's owner's guide should be able to show you how. 

If the projector does not support ARC then you will need to connect an optical cable between the projector and the Soundbar 300. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't remember for sure, but you probably need to use the Soundtouch app to direct the sound to the Soundtouch 300.  You should be able to find the instructions in the owner's manual.  I you don't have one, google it.

If that's not correct, then probably use the Soundtouch 300 remote control to choose the proper output.  Again, refer to your owner's manual.

Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi @Hong Le ! The HDMI port on the SoundBar 300 does support Audio Return Channel (ARC) however the projector also requires the ability to send audio via ARC as well. I would check your projector's owners manual to see if it does support ARC and make sure the Soundbar 300 is connected to the HDMI ARC port on the projector (most TVs/projectors only support this through 1 HDMI port). You may also need to adjust an audio setting in the projectors menu. Again, the projector's owner's guide should be able to show you how. 

If the projector does not support ARC then you will need to connect an optical cable between the projector and the Soundbar 300. 

View solution in original post