Bose product name Speaker 450

Country USA 

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)
unknown 

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone Xr software 14.2, Windows 10 Computer media player

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Wi-fi will no longer hook up to speaker from computer

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) Quiet office- Kitchen, any distance 10-60 feet

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

When I installed Bose app on iPhone.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

everything I could think of.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I can not hook up Windows 10 computer by wi-fi to my Speaker 450

Hello Alan, 

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues using your Home Speaker 450 with your computer. 

To confirm, are you trying to pair to the computer via Bluetooth? 

You mentioned you tried troubleshooting steps. What did you try exactly? 

I'll look forward to your reply!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help. Bluetooth works fine. Wi-Fi used to work. After connecting with my iPhone wi-fi no longer works computer shows speaker but will not connect. I have over 700 CD's and like to play sometimes from my computer. Its over 30 feet from my office to the kitchen. 

Thanks for clarifying that alan0001, are you using Airplay 2 from iTunes to play the music on the speaker? Or are you playing the music through the SoundTouch app from your music library?

If you are using Airplay, and the speaker is showing in the Airplay list but not connecting, I'd recommend trying the steps shown HERE to get this working again!

Let me know how this goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

I am using Windows media player. Both media player and devices show hookup but when I try hook up both will not let me. I have tried turning off 450's blue tooth but nothing I try works.

@alan0001 Could you let me know the make and model of your computer? The only way you'd be able to stream music from Windows Media Player to your speaker via Wi-Fi would be if your device is AirPlay compatible. Once we determine how the connection is being made, we can assist your further.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

I have a Lenovo yoga 2-13 running Windows 10 Pro O/S 20262 updated 11/19/20. 8 mb ram.  128 SSD I5. I like using Media Player.

Thanks for providing this information!

As mentioned above, the only way to stream over Wi-Fi would be using Airplay. I understand that you prefer to use Media Player, however, there is no way to stream this to your 450 speaker unless you wish to connect through Bluetooth. 

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd love to help where I can.