Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Volume shoots to 100%

Hi Bose,

for months and months I and many users have complained about the volume on their systems shooting to 100% when using the sound touch app.

i have a LS535iii system that cost in excess of $6000 and this fault still remains.

when will you hear us and rectify this issue?

I’m terrified to use the phone app / at any time when I open it the volume shoots to 100% - not only is this scary, but it’s going to damage the speakers 

PLEASE HELP!

Keith

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Re: Volume shoots to 100%

Hello Bose,

Is anyone reading these posts?

Keith

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Apparently no-one is reading these posts. Just today, again, the volume on my Bose Sound-touch speaker group shot to 100% out of the blue. 

Spotify music was playing to a group of 4 Sound-touch speakers (ST 300, a 20, a 10 and a 10) controlled by an iOS device running current version of iOS. Yes, the soundtouch app was open in the background on the iOS device (because the speakers had to be grouped). Yes, the Spotify app was open in the background on the device (because the correct music playlist had to be selected). 

The music had been playing at a set volume for an extended period (an hour or so). 

The foreground app, at the time of the error, was the iOS voicemail app. I was playing back a voicemail and adjusted the volume of the phone in order to adjust the volume of the voicemail. Suddenly the Bose Sound speaker that had been the main speaker in the group of 4 (the Soundtouch Soundbar 300)  shot to 100% volume. 

It took several moments to control the situation since none of the apps that could control the Soundtouch system were in the foreground on the phone. 

I wonder if Bose would have replaced my system had the speaker blown? (Clearly this is a manufacturer's defect that has gone unresolved - unacknowledged even by Bose.) 

Anyone listening? (This has been happening intermittently for the past 4 years on all my SoundTouch speakers - and documented dozens of time on this forum. My speakers have been reset countless times - added and removed from my ST account - amount rebuilt - etc.)  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Hi.  This defect happened again to me in early April:
- iPhone 6
- iOS 12.4.5
- Spotify Not Loaded onto the phone

The SoundTouch systems had been playing for about three hours.  I think that there were three rooms grouped together.  I then opened the App with the phone above and the volume immediately went to 100%.  FWIW, I was in the yard, so the WiFi reception on the phone was weak.

I have an SA-5, so I there is no remote control and full volume is very painful.

What can be done at this point?  This defect is over a year old.  We are afraid to use the SoundTouch because this could happen again.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

This defect just happened with my wife's Android phone.  This also happened on Thursday.  Is anyone listening?  We are extremely angry!

FWIW, the Spotify App was closed.

Further Info:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Request-to-limit-volume-SoundTouch/td-p/177982/high...