Inquiry about Bose Soundbar 700

Quiet Contributor

Inquiry about Bose Soundbar 700

1. Would the Bose Soundar 700 support Google Assistant Integration? Is there any tentiave ETA that can be shared with the users?

2. I've read threads about 4k-passthrough (green-line on the displays) issues with Soundtouch 300 soundbars. Apparently, the firmware update hasn't completely resolve the issue?

Is Soundbar700 free of this issue?

3. What version of HDMI does the Sounbar700 support? Does it support HDMI 2.1?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Inquiry about Bose Soundbar 700

Since it comes with eArc ,we likely can expect hdmi 2.1

Hi yubeie

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To answer the first question, we are currently working on adding future VPAs to our platform, so please stay tuned regarding updates to that.

With the new Soundbar 700, there will no longer be an HDMI pass through at this point.

Lastly, the HDMI port on the soundbar will be a version 2.0b and will support eARC as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

So you’re saying that it does not have 4K passthrough?

Hello Fletch,

Thank you for the question.

That is correct; there is no HDMI pass-through on the new Soundbars. There is an Optical and HDMI ARC connection only.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Thanks Joel

I’m not that tech savvy, but why would anyone release a soundbar that is not 4k passthrough, as I’m being told, if it’s not and you connect it to your 4K TV then without the passthrough it’ll effect the 4K picture quality. Thoughts?

Hello Fletch,

Not a problem, I don't mind helping you at all with any questions you may have.

The reason being, this is a simplified audio solution for your TV, one cable whether you choose to use Optical or HDMI ARC. This being said, you would want all your source devices plugged into the TV for the video solution, and the Bose Soundbars will handle the audio.

Warm Regards,

Joel