Intermittent Soundtouch 10 speakers
I have 2 Soundtouch 10 speakers that are set as a stereo pair. They are both connected to the same wireless network. The wireless router is in the same room as the speakers and the speakers themseves are about 10 feet apart. Every few weeks the pair will begin to have intermittent dropping of audio for both speakers. The audio from both speakers will switch from playing to no audio and back every 30 seconds to a minute. This occurs with all sources (Bluetooth, Pandora, Spotify, etc.). Once the condition begins occuring, the behavior will continue until I remove the speakers using the SoundTouch app, do a hard reset to defaults and re-add the speakers from scratch. I have to do this manuever ever 2-3 weeks. It is the only sure fire cure I've been able to rely upon at this point. The RSSI signal strength is GREAT for both speakers. The Software version is currently 19.0.5. My soundtouch iPhone app is version 18.1.4.
I've also tried the folllowing when the condition occurs (none of which ever solved the issue):
1. Unplug the Sound Touch speakers for 30 seconds and power them back on
2. Reboot the wireless router
3. Reboot my Internet router
4. Restart my client application/device and reconnect (iPhone/Ipad connected with Bluetooth)
5. Swith to another Bluetooth device
5. Switch from Bluetooth source to Pandora to Spotify (or vice versa)
6. Switch Pandors/Spotify stations
I have a soundtouch 300 soundbar and sub-woofer as well. This does not occur with that device. I like the speakers except this very annoying behavior.
Any thought or suggestions on how to fix this?