jamiegordon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Intermittent Soundtouch 10 speakers

I have 2 Soundtouch 10 speakers that are set as a stereo pair. They are both connected to the same wireless network. The wireless router is in the same room as the speakers and the speakers themseves are about 10 feet apart. Every few weeks the pair will begin to have intermittent dropping of audio for both speakers. The audio from both speakers will switch from playing to no audio and back every 30 seconds to a minute. This occurs with all sources (Bluetooth, Pandora, Spotify, etc.). Once the condition begins occuring, the behavior will continue until I remove the speakers using the SoundTouch app, do a hard reset to defaults and re-add the speakers from scratch. I have to do this manuever ever 2-3 weeks. It is the only sure fire cure I've been able to rely upon at this point. The RSSI signal strength is GREAT for both speakers. The Software version is currently 19.0.5. My soundtouch iPhone app is version 18.1.4. 

I've also tried the folllowing when the condition occurs (none of which ever solved the issue):

1. Unplug the Sound Touch speakers for 30 seconds and power them back on

2. Reboot the wireless router

3. Reboot my Internet router

4. Restart my client application/device and reconnect (iPhone/Ipad connected with Bluetooth)

5. Swith to another Bluetooth device

5. Switch from Bluetooth source to Pandora to Spotify (or vice versa)

6. Switch Pandors/Spotify stations

I have a soundtouch 300 soundbar and sub-woofer as well. This does not occur with that device. I like the speakers except this very annoying behavior. 

Any thought or suggestions on how to fix this? 

43 REPLIES 43
Community Manager

Re: Intermittent Soundtouch 10 speakers

Hello jamiegordon

Thanks for posting in the community!  I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the SoundTouch 10's but would be glad to help!  

This is certainly strange as it takes 2-3 weeks for the issue to reappear after a reboot across the board.  When the issue does happen, are there any other devices in the room that may turn on causing possible interference like a wireless printer?  Also, could you provide the make/model of your router or any other access points in the home?

Let us know so we can further assist you!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

jamiegordon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I use Google Wifi. There are 3 access points that create a meshed network. The diagnostics always show no problems and the connections to the SoundTouch clients display as good when this problem is occurring. The number of wireless clients doesn’t change very often at all. I don’t have a wireless printer or anything. In addition to mobile devices, I have a couple cameras, some smoke detectors and a garage door opener. Not sure how any of these could be the problem, especially since restarting the wireless Google APs doesn’t fix the issue.
Community Manager

Hi jamiegordon

Thanks for getting back to us about the issue.  I would like to get this escalated up to our development team to see if they root cause the issue here.  Before I can do that, we would like to gather some logs from the system and the app when the issue occurs.  HERE is a link on how to gather logs.  Once the issue is recreated and you have the logs, please reply back so we can setup a request to gather them.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

jamiegordon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I have the log file. How do I get it to you?

Jamie

Hello Jamie,

Sorry for the delay. I have sent you a request to your email for the logs. Let us know once you have uploaded them.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Joel

jamiegordon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

The log file is uploaded.

Community Manager

Hello jamiegordon

Thank you for the logs.  I'll escalate this up to development to see if we can root cause this issue for you.  Please allow a few business days while we look into the situation

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

jamiegordon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Hello, I was wondering if you heard anything from your engineers. This problem reliably recurs in my environment and is severely impacting my satisfaction with the product. 

Thanks

Jamie

Community Manager

Hi Jamie

Thanks for writing back in!  

I did just get word from development that this may be an issue we've been seeing with the 19.0.5 patch.  I'm going to reach out to you via PM again.

Warm Regards,

Tony A