Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Internet radio station does not stream on Soundtouch

A internet radio station I've been listening to for well over a year has stopped working and does not stream on Soundtouch. The station's url is: https://www.4zzzfm.org.au 

I tried re-applying it to the preset number but it won't play in Tunein or on the preset. The station is still streaming on their website so it must be the linking on the sound touch servers. Can this be fixed?

(FYI also this "New Topic" page wouldn't let me select the right category Board and kept defaulting to Forum Feedback)

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Internet radio station does not stream on Soundtouch

Hey karenap,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! It's very strange that you were unable to create your new topic in the correct place, but not to worry we've moved it to the correct part of the forum for you!

I do have a couple of questions about what you have seen so far with this radio station to get a better idea of what is happening here.

When you checked the stream on the website, did you use the radio stations website or the TuneIn website? If you haven't done so yet, it would definitely be worth checking on the TuneIn website as well, to make sure it is available to stream on TuneIn in your area.

When you have been trying to play the station from the SoundTouch app, what if any error codes do you see when you try this?

Also what lights/display messages do you see when you try and play from the speaker itself?

The first thing I would recommend doing to get this back up and running again is power cycle both your speaker and your router. To do this you just need to disconnect them both from power for at least 1 minute, then plug them back in and allow them to boot up and reconnect.

Once they are on and connected, give the station a test and let me know what happens!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. 

– I was using the stream on the stations own website (to check they were still broadcasting)

– I just checked the TuneIn website and it won't play there (I sent a support request to them) – again, it was working until a week or so ago

– In the TuneIn section of the SoundTouch app on my Mac I get the error message "hmm... We can't play that right now. Please try again later. (3103)"

Do you still suggest I reboot the router & speakers? Would that fix a problem if that station is not playing on the TuneIn website itself (as mentioned above)?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

And I just got an email from TuneIn (which seemed awfully fast to be real - they answered within 10 mins!)... it said:

I’ve confirmed that this station's internet stream is currently unreliable for everyone. We will try and find a new stream. You are also welcome to contact the broadcaster directly, try it again later, or search for a different station.

I guess I will have to wait and see if they can get a better link.

Highlighted

Hi Karenap,

Thanks for the updates! 

That is fast from TuneIn, obviously, you weren't the first person to ask about this particular station!

As they have said it seems to be the stream they are using that is unreliable, you may find that rebooting the router can help with this, but it is more likely to be behind the scenes on their end than in your network.

It does seem like you may need to wait for TuneIn to sort out the stream on their end. It's good that we've managed to get to the bottom of this at least, and from what you have said it does sound like TuneIn are already on the case as well!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I have similar issue with RTL 102.5 (most popular Italian radio station). I was listening it since very long time and since couple of weeks I can not stream it any more.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

FYI the problem was identified as a TuneIn problem. The station (4zzz) has told me they have logged a request for TuneIn to fix it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Issue with me is still there. I still can not stream RTL 102.5 (most popular Italian radio station). I was listening it since very long time and since couple of weeks I can not stream it any more. The error notification I receive  "HMM... We can't play that right now. Please try again later. (3103)".

Any fix?

Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I would suggest in following this thread: Audio Streaming on SoundTouch speakers where we are looking into these concerns and will provide updates.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!