cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephpmeade
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2015

Is anyone else having this issue with iOS?

My Soundtounch App required an updated which I executed.  When I go to install the App I get an iOs error message that says the software cannot be verified for malicious content and requires an update.  

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.13.01 AM.jpeg

Is anyone else having this issue?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Is anyone else having this issue with iOS?

Author Accepted Answer selected by josephpmeade

Hi @josephpmeade,

Sorry to hear you had issues opening the file. This can be a common occurrence for apps installed outside of the Apple App Store ecosystem, but this doesn't mean you cannot install it. We just need to bypass the security. 

When opening the SoundTouch App installer image, you will see this. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41.jpeg

You would have seen the warning below as Apple was unable to check the file for malicious software.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (2).jpeg

To bypass this, right click on the installer file (dfg.jpeg), and while holding CTRL, left click "Open". This will present you with a new warning window with the option to open the installer (as seen in the image below.)

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (1).jpeg

After clicking Open, you will be asked to confirm your Mac's username and password.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (3).jpeg

From there you will be able to install the SoundTouch app. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (5).jpeg

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liam_G

Hello Josephpmeade and thank you for reaching out. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues installing the app. The reason you are getting this message is due to Apple's security settings preventing the installer from proceeding with installing the app. You can allow this app to install correctly via performing these steps: 

1. On the computer, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy General tab.
  2. Under Allow apps downloaded from, select App Store and identified developers.
  3. If the Bose app is shown in this section with an "Open Anyway" button, click the button and you should now be able to install the app.

I hope this helps! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
josephpmeade
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2015

All of the steps you show are already checked (or Allowed) under my System Preferences.  

There is no option to allow Bose or any other App specifically.  

Any other thoughts?  Could it be located under Safari preferences?  

Liam_G

Thank you for trying that, 

I don't think it would be under Safari preferences as this message is coming from the computer rather than a browser. Do you have firewall settings enabled?

Did you also fully uninstall the Soundtouch app before attempting to install it again? 

Looking forward to hear from you!

josephpmeade
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2015

Liam, 

Yes, I uninstalled the previous version of the SoundTouch App as part of my troubleshooting process.  (Same result with the iOs message.)  

Yes I have the FireWall enabled.  

Regards

Joe 

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by josephpmeade

Hi @josephpmeade,

Sorry to hear you had issues opening the file. This can be a common occurrence for apps installed outside of the Apple App Store ecosystem, but this doesn't mean you cannot install it. We just need to bypass the security. 

When opening the SoundTouch App installer image, you will see this. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41.jpeg

You would have seen the warning below as Apple was unable to check the file for malicious software.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (2).jpeg

To bypass this, right click on the installer file (dfg.jpeg), and while holding CTRL, left click "Open". This will present you with a new warning window with the option to open the installer (as seen in the image below.)

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (1).jpeg

After clicking Open, you will be asked to confirm your Mac's username and password.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (3).jpeg

From there you will be able to install the SoundTouch app. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 12.21.41 (5).jpeg

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

josephpmeade
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2015

Thanks!  This worked like a charm.  I am back up and running again!  🙂  

Regards

Joe