gprateek04
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Issue with bose soundtouch series

Hi i have recently purchased 1soundtouch 20 and 1 soundtouch 10 series. i hv tried many times but i m not able to play different music on them from the same spotify music app!! But while purchasing the advantage told was that we can different music in different rooms. They are neither grouped together n hv gone through the other community posts as well n tried them but nothing worked.  can anyone please help me with this??

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Issue with bose soundtouch series

Unfortunately this also depends on your spotify account.  If you only have one account, then spotify limits the number of devices you can play back on.  This means that if I start playing something on a second system, it will pause the first system.  The exception to this is grouped speakers, where you are playing to the one device, but that then streams to other devices (but they all play the same music).

If you have a family account or multiple accounts you can register them separately with Soundtouch and play different music to different rooms.

Alternatively you can play spotify to one room, tunein radio (different channels) to rooms two and three, and depending on if your location supports it amazon music or Pandora to other rooms.

gprateek04
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Re: Issue with bose soundtouch series

I was expecting a solution of similar kind. Thnk u very much for clearing the doubts. So its the problem with spotify that they don’t allow me to play different music on Different devices from one account. I am currently in India and soundtouch series have not yet updated to amazon music in India. That’s a bit disappointing. Things would have been easier then.