Bose product name

sound Touch app

Country

uk

Firmware Version

Interface version

App Version

protocol 

iPhone 8 Plus, iMac computer all latest software versions, Wd ex4100 nas with latest firmware and software is system, various speaker st 30, 20, 20

I always create playlist on computer using music library from nas,  radio presets work fine but recently any play list I save to a preset won’t work once I’ve exited the app, I can drag it back in using the computer or phone or even iPad but it used to work just last couple of months it simply doesn’t when I click on a library preset obviously have a work around but a bit of a pain ,

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

Re: Library playlists have to keep reloading in app

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Thanks I had tried that too before and had accross the several speakers I have.  So I system checked and rebooted my nas drive, rebuilt the music database on the nas or refreshed it , removed it and and added it back onto the software. Logged out of the app and logged back in and re added the preset .  It seems to have worked ok for the last 2 days not sure which worked but just though I’d do everything at once and see

thanks for your help

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Vicky_W

Hey there, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

Before we begin troubleshooting, can I please confirm where the music is coming from that you are storing on your NAS. Is it from iTunes?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

hi thanks for getting back , yes it’s an iTunes library but kept on the nas, as I say the app can see the music and the playlists but I have to redrag it to the preset slot each time to play it

S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

Apologies I clicked on Acept solution in error, buttons were overlapping on my phone

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming!

This is certainly strange. I would recommend removing the NAS library from the application and then reading it. You can do this in the settings menu under music services. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

Bose product name

sound touch app and speakers, sound touch 10, 20, 30 and lifestyle

Country

uk

Firmware Version

latest

App Version

latest

What devices were you using that were affected and iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Air 2 , iMac

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

playing form library on nas Ed ex4100.  Have to drag playlist to the preset each time I want to play. If I click on existing one on the preset nothing happens.  Radio presets work fine.  Once the playlist is dragged to the preset works fine.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

about 4 or 5 months now.  Used to work fine yes

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Synced library, updated apps and firmware on everything including nas

Jessie_O

Hey @S126Rob

Thank you for your post!

Were you able to try removing the library and re-adding it? You can do this in the settings under music services. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

hi thanks for your reply it’s the the music is all stored as iTunes yes

S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

Hi I already tried that a few times and as I say if I drag and drop it it works again

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

S126Rob
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2019

Yes but it does make any difference