Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Life Style 525 new wireless link

New replacement wireless link for 525 shows no graphics on TV, old one showed song, artist, etc. I have the old style wireless link of existing SA-4 system, can they be swapped so graphics show on TV again?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Life Style 525 new wireless link

Hello Pontiac,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, that's an excellent question! In theory, swapping the two components should work, however, it would be dependant on which version of the 525 system you have as to whether it will work. There is no harm or reason why you could not test this to see if it works for you, if you wanted more accurate information then I welcome you to get back in touch letting me know which Lifestyle 525 version you have so I can further assist you.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

The 525 is about 4 years old but because of a power surge I had to return it to Bose a few months ago to have it repaired, this is what they said when it was returned to me. " During the repair process we replaced the following components of your system" 1 slab assy, Marconi-r con, main, hyperion, re and remote,rf,marconi-r,usa/eu. Your product has been checked and wherever necessary, updated to the latest hardware / software  revisions" Did this change what version I have, I don't know, any ideas?

Highlighted

Hello Pontiac, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

There was not a software update that would have changed the way the information has been displayed. Can I please confirm have you tried swapping the link adapters for each system so putting the older link adapter into the 525 and the newer adapter into the SA-4 and see if this makes a difference? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I have not tried swapping the link adapters, afraid it would take hours to get everything up and running again but I may try that this weekend. Are you saying that the replacement adapter now connected to the 525 should show the graphics on the TV? If so maybe it's not hooked up correctly. 

Highlighted

Hello Pontiac, 

Thanks for getting back to me! 

I think that the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this issue through with them. They are able to take specific details about your system such as serial numbers that can help us get to the route cause of this issue. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Thanks for your help Vicky, I'll get in touch with them.