Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Lifestyle 535iii

Guys,

I have an entire house of Bose Soundtouch gear, including a LS535iii, a phenomenal home theatre system.

My only issue is the Soundtouch and the Adaptor.

I’m constantly getting the error “Soundtouch Adaptor is Missing”, this occurs when I power on the system straight into Soundtouch mode.

To rectify I remove the USB connect cable and re seat or, once this is done the system starts up but I can’t play any music.

I’ve been horribly disappointed with my Soundtouch experience, and regret buying so much of it.

My WiFi network is a Uniquiti UniFi APAC lite with a 100mbp/s line speed. So it can’t possibly be that.

Please help

Keith.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 535iii

Hello keef82,

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your SoundTouch adapter.

Firstly, are you able to discover the SoundTouch adapter in the SoundTouch app?

I'd like you to ensure that your adapter is running the latest update. You will be able to do this through the SoundTouch App.

Alternatively, you can visit Manually updating your SoundTouch system to update the adapter via a computer. 

If the problem still persists after forcing an update, I'd like you to restore the factory defaults and re-adding the SoundTouch Adaptor to the system. You can do this by following these steps: 

1. Disconnect the Bose link cable from the product to which the adapter is connected
  2. On the adapter, press and hold the Control button
  3. While holding the Control button, reconnect the Bose link cable to the product
  4. Continue holding the Control button for about 5 seconds until the LED status indicator is blinking white

After performing this, please try and set up the adaptor again. 

If you need any help at all, please do not hesitate to reach back.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Thanks, this worked. But randomly fails all the time.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Keef82,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that the issue you're experiencing is still ongoing. 

Is there any visible physical damage to either the SoundTouch Adapter or the wiring connecting the Adapter to the Lifestyle's Console? As troubleshooting has not resolved the issue, it sounds like there may be a physical defect with either the adapter or the port on the Lifestyle's console that the adapter connects to. I encourage you to reach out to support in your region via our Global website HERE to discuss this further for the most accurate information. Select your location, then use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

HI Andy,

I can't see any damage. I'll contact Bose direct and see what they say.

Thanks

Keith