keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Lifestyle 650 - Brand new System

Hey Guys,

I just upgraded my LS535iii to a Lifestyle 650 for the 4K passthrough.

Question, the new omnijewel speakers sounded great at the demo, but at home they sound muddled and lifeless, the acoustimass module is quiet subdue - and this is in comparison to the LS535iii which sounded 10000% better.

There also doesnt seem to be the option to play "stereo" "3 channel" or "5 channel" like on the LS535iii

Any tips here?

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_G

Re: Lifestyle 650 - Brand new System

Hello keef82, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I'm sorry to hear you have had issues with the sound quality of your Lifestyle 650 system.

The first thing I would suggest is to ensure that all speakers are connected correctly. Next, I would suggest using ADAPTiQ to tune the speakers to your room. This video will walk you through the process. 

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the reply, I have run the calibration and the speakers are all wired correctly, it just sounds so horribly compared to my LS 535iii, there is a huge lack of mid and bass, I have the acoustimass turned up a bit, its like its not even working!

Help!

Keith

Jeff_G

Hello Keef82, 

That's very unusual. The 650 is our flagship Lifestyle system, so it should be comparable if not greatly improved on your earlier system. 

Have you tried adjusting bass/treble settings on the system? 

If you are continuing to have issues, I would encourage you to reach out to the point of sale to seek an exchange. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DIMM
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 18, 2016

I totally agree with you, I have my lifestyle 650 for about 1year and half I'm very DISAPPOINTED the way it sounds, my lifestyle v35 sounded sooo much better, had it replaced once thinking it was a problem with the first one but the second one is the same. I'm very sorry that I kept that system.

keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

I sure have. It just sounds so tinny. I don’t think the new acoustimass module is as good as the old one. 

im considering returning the system 

keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Yup, the old Bose Acoustimass remained un changed for years - the last one was great, two tuned ports both firing different frequencies.