Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2014

Lifestyle 650, Disappointed About System Feature Changes, Request for System Software Modifications

We recently upsold our Lifestyle 135 to the Lifestyle 650.  Sure a better sound but Bose Tech Support took away a lot of valuable product features.  I feel cheated by the loss of these features.

I would suggest Bose Tech Support add the following Software Features back into the system settings.

1)  We used to be able to see the Volume level on the TV Screen, this was removed and taken away
     - With the money we spent to upgrade to the 650 system, we should have the ability
        to add the volume setting back to the TV Set
     - Very Let Down and Disappointed this feature was removed - I used it and counted on
        it to change the External Speaker Volume when watching TV
     - this should be offered as a Settings option if we chose to have it, not removed and taken
        away - especially to long time users that are loyal to Bose and their products

2)  We also used to be able to see the SoundTouch pre-select settings on the TV Screen which
      allowed for better screen management when selecting music listening options
      - Again very Let Down and Disappointed to loose access to this feature
      - this should be offered as a Settings option if we chose to have it, not removed and taken
        away - especially for long time users that are loyal to Bose and their products

3)  We used to be able to press the SOURCE Button on the Bose Remote and each time we would
      hit the SOURCE Button it would atomically move the SOURCE Selection Up to the Next Option
     - on the new Remote Design you must press the SOURCE Button, and then move down to the
        up and down wheel selector to move to a different Media Source
      - Again very Let Down and Disappointed to loose access to this feature
        away - especially for long time users that are loyal to Bose and their products

The sad thing to me is we have 8 Different SoundTouch Speaker Systems, Two set's of Outdoor Speakers, Two SoundLink II Mini's, and a separate TV Speaker Bar for a spare TV and when Traveling.  We are Brand Loyal Followers that have bought into the Bose Brand and I feel cheated that these features have been removed and taken away, without an option to change a setting and get them reapplied.

Remember, we your clients are the ones to support your Brand Loyalty.  I pray Bose Technical Support is wise enough to know this and get this, and to reapply these previous technologies.

Regards,
JLH

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Re: Lifestyle 650, Disappointed About System Feature Changes, Request for System Software Modificati

Hi i also agree with adding these suggestions