Highlighted
jamesglitter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Lifestyle 650 sound drops

Having sound issues with our 650 Lifestyle unit.  Sound will drop and muffle for short periods, this happens periodically on all tv channels.  I have tried turning all componets off, changing the outlets and reinstalling the system.  The units software is up to date.  Very frustrating.

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Lifestyle 650 sound drops

Hello @jamesglitter,

I am sorry to hear about this and apologize about the frustration this has caused. Is this only happening from the cable/satellite box? Does this also occur with SoundTouch streaming services? What is the make and model of the cable/satellite source? Have you tried with a different HDMI cable?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Courtney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018

I have the same issue.  It happens with my FetchTV (attached via HDMI) and also with SoundTouch streaming services.

It seems to work for a period without issues (i.e. for the first few hours after I get home from work.) Then later in the evening it becomes frequent enough that it becomes to disruptive to watch TV.

I have turned Lifestyle on and off in attempt to correct it, but it still continues.  I have just performed an Update and it has continued.

Hello Courtney,

Thank you for posting on the community.

I would suggest to contact technical support on this matter. The reason I'm suggesting that is because this should not be happening on all sources or any at all. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed for support.

Let us know how it works out.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Vindicate
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2018

I'm having the exact same issue. It typically works for the first few hours, but after extended usage (e.g. 3-4 hours) the sound drops intermittently or audio is at extremely low volume (barely audible). Restarting the Lifestyle doesn't resolve the problem.

The only way that seems to work is to unplug the power wait for a couple of minutes and powering the system back on.....reallly frusting to have to do this for every period of extended usage.

My only suspicion is that, this has something to do with over-heating? The unit does get pretty hot after extended use. But at this price point, i would assume Bose would have sorted something as simple as heat management.

Do share if you found a way to resove this. Thanks!

Hello Vindicate,

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear this is happening and completely understand your frustrations, but I would like to help you get this resolved.

Currently, is the console in an enclosed space or out in the open? Also, is the console power connected to a surge protector? If it is plugged into a surge protector, can you test by plugging it directly into an outlet to see if the issue continues? Does this happen on all video sources and including streaming music?

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel

jamesglitter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Our system has been doing this for almost 1yr now, thought had the problem solved, but it has returned! Extrememly frustrating as I have the wall custom built for the unit. 

We continue to move the system and play with the wires as this sometimes works but ultimately it is a joke for a system of this caliber. 

BPA_London
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

We have been experiencing the same issue with our Lifestyle 650.  The sound suddens goes muffled and it can last for 15-30 seconds before returning. 

It happens on all sources - soundtouch and satellite box especially, and is imited to the Lifestyle 650 nd not other Bose products we have here.  the system is wired so no issues with wirless connnections. 

I think it must be a software bug which needs to be fixed please Bose - it's very annoying...

@BPA_London Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear that. Were able to go through and verify the troubleshooting steps provided above from @Joel_D?

Thank you again,

Mohsin

jamesglitter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Hey there,

I have actually think our problem has been solved, try adjusting the Main center channel speaker and checking the connection on the main unit.  It has worked for us so far, fingers crossed.  No more sound dropping is a good thing.  cheers