Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Looking at new router. Suggestions for best connectivity with Soundtouch?

I will be shopping for a router (Netgear / Linksys / other ?) and appreciate any suggestions for one others are having continued success with their Soundtouch system. Currently have a router supplied by my ISP, (Bose has recommended I replace it). 

In troubleshooting trying getting my soundtouch system running reliably again (6 speakers) I have nothing to lose by testing the router theory out. Any recommendations for brand / model appreciated. Not too concerned about the cost, I am not made of cash but will spend whatever amount needed as I already have a dollar or two invested in my system.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Re: Looking at new router. Suggestions for best connectivity with Soundtouch?

Hey Mike,

I'll start off by saying that I'm a gamer and it's really the only reason that I have this particular router. With that being said I have found great success with the Linksys WRT 32X router. Signal strength is probably it's biggest draw if I wasn't using it for gaming. I get signals from areas in my building I wouldn't dream of prior to it's purchase. Simple to setup/use and if you do happen to have a lot of connected devices you can actually prioritize them.

A little on the high side cost wise but totally woth it IMO.

-Jon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I use an Asus RT-N56U that I bought in 2012 and it still works like a charm, I have never had any issues with it.  I would recommend any of their more recent models as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Many thanks to you both. I see where this may be a known issue with Bose, so will shop around for prices while we wait. My system is on again off again, maybe an update will fix these issues that we are blogging about.

Both of your suggsetions are in the park for sure!

Mike

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

Recommended router for soundtouch?

What's the best router for keeping connected to Soundtouch?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Recommended router for soundtouch?

I use my isp provider (Comcast, Cox, Shaw, Rogers) router, XB6 GATEWAY. I found the device work, every bit as good as my now discontinued AirPort Extreme.

I have 3 Bose SoundTouch, 1 Cinemate with ST adaptor and one Smart Home speaker. Everything works really well. Connections are stable and solid. Before heading out to buy a different router make sure you have checked your home network is working to full capability. Making sure your Bose devices are all running on the same band is a good place to start.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

I've been using Orbi RBK50 setup (RBR50 router + RBS50 sat.) for about the last 18 months and haven't had any network related issues with my Soundtouch speakers (1 wired to router and another 5 on WiFi).  My home is two floors and about 1800 sq ft.  Pretty pleased overall.  

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

If I went to aftermarket routers, Orbi would be my first choice!