LLohia
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Thanks for the useful tip using Airport Express. What I do like is the Bluetooth option which is missing in Sonos. Would you be able to point me to how I use my Airport express to Airplay. I mostly use my own music using iTunes. If I can use Airpot express then would solve it. I can then use WiFi quality streaming. 

Thanks 

oakvilleadvisor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

Ya sounds pretty sad 5 systems 2 SoundTouch 30's 2 20's and a 10 all purchased within the last 2 years 

Play all with bluetooth in a 2500 sq foot 2 story house,  means I have a very expensive mistake in my house.  Plus lets be honest I am not going to play from from phone which I carry around with me and when I walk too far to another room the bloody well thing drops signal anyway. 

Your post came after I tried to reconnect my library trying to update my play lists only to find out there is no way and I am not going to roll back and I can tell you I am going to social media with this its wrong unprofessional.  You can email me product offers but you cannot email me a note to say that you are not going to do anything to help me,   I have spent too much money on this you have to help me and the others that this is impacting I know this is a forum but moderators get me the name of who I need to talk to I want my money back,  You use to offer airplay you dropped the ball on that too.  Epic Fail Please help 

oakvilleadvisor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

Do yourself a favour return it,  

I use to love their products but at every turn now its a disappointment pay a premium for something that is not working.  

Its wrong totally wrong I am going to look at a legal avenue I think cannot return mine as its outside the period to return.  

Highlighted
oakvilleadvisor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

Yes lets all go and and buy an airport express,  let's see apple is out of the router business now.  

So even if they were still in the business I would have to buy 5 of them to make up for their lack of professionalism

Someone please get me the name of someone at Bose so I can return this massive mistake or someone that can tell me the truth if this system will ever work again,  it was spotty at best 

Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

This miss on Bose's part is perfectly understandable.  Clearly, the SoundTouch developers have no idea what's going on at Apple these days.  After all, its not as if they're working on anything Apple related... No, wait, that doesn't sound right.  Maybe Bose's obsession with secrecy has become so extreme that they now prevent information from flowing in to the company too, so the developers had no idea this was coming.  No, that can't be it either.... Maybe the developers are so busy dealing with all the suggestions that have been 'forwarded to the software development team' over the years that they've had no time to heed Apple's warnings about this. Yeah, that must be it...

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@oakvilleadvisor wrote:

So even if they were still in the business I would have to buy 5 of them to make up for their lack of professionalism...

Only one Airport Express is required, Bose multiroom will connect the rest of your ST speakers quite handily. 

LLohia
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Bose is actually owned by a university MIT. One would hope that this would remove  "profitability above all else" type pressures and they would be customer focussed. Dominant founder led companies often loose their way after the death of the founder. This is what seems to be happening to Bose and Apple. Quite sad. 

LLohia
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Any instructions on setting up the Airport Express Airplay. I am not able to get it right. If works for a day and then I can't see the device on Airplay or Airplay Utility. 

Thomasframes
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

I am waiting for delivery of a new Mac Mini to replace my iMac. Please let me know how Airport Express functions with the latest upgrade (Catalina) and SoundTouch. 

noonas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

The move away from XML application access has been know for 5 years.

developers has been wanted with ample time to adjust for this change.

There are new interfaces for Apps like SoundTouch Server to access iTunes library programmatically and it has been there for quite some time now.

The fact the Bose does not support Apple Music is more of a statement than a technical issue but the fact that they under 5 years has yet to update to the new API in iTunes has not excuse.