Highlighted

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Hi djhare,

The reason we recommended contacting your local support team is so they can through this with you and get a better picture of what is happening in your specific situation. By going through the process with you in real-time, they can establish what exactly is happening in your home environment when the music library is being added.

We aren't trying to hide anything, or say that the phone support teams have more knowledge on the matter. It's purely that if the workaround is not working, there is usually something in your local environment that is stopping this. It's much easier for us to narrow this down with you in real-time than it is from the forums.

I hope that helps clarify this for you.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Dear, there was an update to the soundtouch app but I still can't see any new added music nor covers of all music albums.

Kind regards, Jelco (Belgium)

Highlighted

Hi Jelco,

Have you set up your music library by following THESE steps?

If you have added new music to your iTunes library on Catalina, you will need to re-create the XML file as shown there to update it. iTunes no longer updates the XML file automatically, so you would need to do this manually.

Once you have manually re-created the XML file you will then be able to add the new music to the SoundTouch app.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

I thought that the whole problem with Catalina and Bose is that Catalina no longer supports iTunes, so can Bose please explain why they are still telling us how to update the XML library, which won’t exist because Catalina doesn’t have iTunes, or am I missing something?

Highlighted

Hi Wookie,

I would be happy to clarify this for you.

You are correct, Catalina does no longer support iTunes, and no longer creates an XML file that the SoundTouch app can use. However, we have published a workaround for this HERE, that allows you to add a music library by manually creating the XML file required as well as a few other steps.

I hope this makes sense.

If you are trying to use a music library on a computer running Catalina, give those steps a go and let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Hi Keith,

Please look through my post history. This solution re XML and Catalina doesn’t work for all, and I did ask for more help and got nowhere.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Dear, I have already carried out the necessary steps several times without good results. Latest albums not to be seen ... I am very disappointed in Bose ... I have spent a lot of money for a decent installation ... Bose really disappoints me ...

Jelco (Belgium)

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses.

If you are having trouble using the workaround, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team. They will be able to go through this with you and look into it further on your computers and networks.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I actually finally found the PERFECT solution.  Well into month three of my hack and it has worked flawlessly with literally zero hiccups.

I replaced all my SoundTouch speakers with Sonos.  I am currently in the process of selling my SoundTouch devices.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

Thanks for your clarification.

I have to ask the question however of why Bose, who I expect sell a lot of soundtouch systems, cannot or will not supply their own software music catalogue system that will work with current operating systems and also their own products.

it was a fair point to use Apple ITunes as the catalogue when that worked but now it no longer does it is time for Bose to do something to resolve the issue without expecting their customers to rectify it for them

Wookie