Highlighted

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

That's quite alright Wookie, I'm glad I could help.

That is certainly an interesting idea and something I am going to pass on to our development team for consideration. I couldn't tell you whether this is something we will be able to implement but it is an interesting idea for a solution to Apple no longer supporting XML files.

Thanks for the feedback!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Keith, this isn’t an acceptable answer.

Firstly, I’m not going to grant a Bose technician, local or otherwise, remote access to my network.

Secondly, it’s also patronising. It is a software or network issue. Clearly posters in this thread are well versed enough in basic network settings and operating Mac OS (I am a public beta user, for instance). Why can you not just post the options your local support teams would provide? I don’t have time to spend longer on the phone fixing something I could just read here.

Be honest with your customers. We’ve all been very patient.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Provide it to me privately if the concern is people may brick their speakers if not able to follow instructions correctly. I’m willing to take the risk.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

wait, airplay actually works now? i haven't been into the office to update it because i've been travelling, but I certainly hope it's working.

that being said - ALL bose (might be all brands in fact) bluetooth products are having massive issues with catalina right now, there's a monstrous thread on it in apple's forums, and it seems to be an output issue in the OS when bluetooth devices are connected, and not the headphones themselves. For instance, the output in iTunes for the current OS beta has trouble 'forgetting' my quietcontrol 30s, even after they're powered down. not sure why, but makes me wonder if it'll be an issue with the wifi output as well and it's an apple problem.

I'd much prefer to use itunes and airplay if this does indeed work. I'd just never really considered airplay because i don't use apple tv or anything like that, in fact i got rid of my tv recently. Sorry Bose, the soundtouch app is horrible (but so is sonos, so don't stress too much).

itunes has handled what is now a 2 TB collection of audio files seamlessly as it grew, and now won't repeat a track for a year. it's a fantastic program and apple need to stop messing with the GUI, there are people out there who really like to have rare music, live sets, lossless audio and not rely on streaming services. I use apple music when out and about and it's fine, but at my desks, everything is triple backed up and on a nas. unfortunately running a nas with soundtouch means I can't get rid of the soundtouch app yet.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

A couple of my speakers updated last week.

So now

Some speakers sometimes show up on the SoundTouch app on my iphone, but not on my Macbook air. The reverse is also true.

I can access one speaker via Spotify but not on SoundTouch.,

Soundtouch, when it creates groups, will show speakers as connected but they are not playing.

Sometimes speakers will begin to play as a group but then randomly drop out.

Reconnecting speakers via wifi doesn't seem to work, except briefly.

I haven't used airplay yet. Is this a viable alternative? Do I need to delete SoundTouch if I do?

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@JLangt wrote:

A couple of my speakers updated last week.

So now

Some speakers sometimes show up on the SoundTouch app on my iphone, but not on my Macbook air. The reverse is also true.

I can access one speaker via Spotify but not on SoundTouch.,

Soundtouch, when it creates groups, will show speakers as connected but they are not playing.

Sometimes speakers will begin to play as a group but then randomly drop out.

Reconnecting speakers via wifi doesn't seem to work, except briefly.

I haven't used airplay yet. Is this a viable alternative? Do I need to delete SoundTouch if I do?

Try logging out of your SoundTouch account then log back in. This might help find your speakers through SoundTouch.

Airplay is a great solution for bringing all your Bose speakers together, regardless of platform.  You don't need to go through SoundTouch or the Bose Music app to access your qualified Airplay Speakers. You simply go through whatever music app you are using then access the Airplay menu. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Hi !

Having problems with my playlists not updating when i add/change them I decided to remove my Music Library and reinstall.  Unfortunately, i don't know if I'm caught between the update of iTunes and Music.  When I go to Add Music Library on Library I'm not able to click on the circle for My iTunes music library.  Can someone advise me  ?

Thanks !

Colin

MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

SoundTouch Wave

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

I understand Apple changing the Music library access with Catalina came as a surprise to the music software eco-system. But DJ software vendors like algoriddim.com managed to access the new Apple Music local library via the new APIs already. It can be done :). So, Bose, when can we expect you to fix this, too?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I recently discovered that my Sound touch 10 speakers are not able to access my iTunes library. I have 2 pair of these speakers and when I got them a few months ago I didn't have this problem they were able to access iTunes no problem but now I can't add the the music library on my computer. I can and have added the Amazon music service with no problem but it still will not recognize the my iTunes libaray.  My Mac OS is Catalina 10.15.3 &  iTunes app is  Music Version 1.0.3.1.  I have removed one pair of speakers and re-added them they but I still have not been successful. Any idea's?

Thanks Steve

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

This fix is ok until you try to add a service, radio button appears, but it still asks you to tick a box in iTunes/Preferences that doesn't exist in Apple Music. So when you click Add Music Library it doesn't happen. Am I doing something wrong? No option for me to post the screenshot.