Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

I just did and got the same message the other respondent said. This link cannot be opened because of malicious software. I already have SoundTouch on my desktop and phones but as I said it will not play music from your computer since I installed Catalina. I am wondering if the link you posted is recent or the same as what I have downloaded. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

The link that you posted is exactly what I have on my desktop. I haven't tried it in a while because it wasn't allowing the music on your computer to be played. I just tried it, did the update on my iPhone and surprisingly it worked, it is now playing my music library from ITunes. Thanks so much for letting me know. For the other poster I remember there was a work around to instal it but I can not remember.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Adding iTunes to Soundtouch

The first four CDs I put on iTunes are there, I don't know how. The rest aren't. I've added several CDs since then but none are showing up on Soundtouch

When I go to Add Service, Add Music Library on Computer both of the options are faded out.

How do I fix it so that when I put an CDs on iTunes it also goes to Soundtouch? And how do I add the ones that are already on iTunes?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: Adding iTunes to Soundtouch

I got it fixed

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

worked great except i'm right where i started all this with a 6304 error code!

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Soundtouch problem

The best way to get macOS Catalina to work with iTunes/Apple Music library is Airplay.

I would be very impressed if Bose and Apple worked out something to port an iTunes(discontinued)  music library to a SoundTouch speaker (discontinuing). 

But hey Bose has demonstrated in the past to pull off support measures like this.

I use macOS and iOS products. I just stream Apple Music and a bunch of other music apps, to Sound Touch speakers using Airplay. Couldn’t be easier.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hi guys !

I'm in Canada.

SoundTouch 30

I'm running MacOs 10.15.5 on the most recent MacBook Pro. I run Music (which has replaced iTunes) version 1.0.0.5.14.  Home sharing is on in my Mac's sharing settings. 

I am trying to add my Mac's library to the SoundTouch app. To no avail. The option where we can check the "add iTunes Library" stays greyed out so I can't add it... It has to be a permissions thing.

There is a lot of information for access sharing for iTunes but I haven't found anything for the newer Apple "Music" software.

Any of you guys ran across that problem ?

Thanking you in advance !

Cheers !

BLB

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

SoundTouch App 25.0.4-3095+b09ae53 blocked by iMac with following message:

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Recently updated mac software to Catalina version 10.15,5.

Any ideas?

Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I have uninstalled SoundTouch and re-installed 3 times according to these instructions and my Apple Music library is still not seen by the application when I try to add it - please help!! I have 3x SoundTouch 30’s, 1x 20, 3 SoundTouch amplifiers and a soundbar 300 in the house and cannot access i tunes, not acceptable! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

This worked for me!!!

Thanks for providing the work around.