Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

@Thomasframes wrote:

hi:

google your problem.  There is an easy fix which involves system preferences, and adding Bose to an "exceptions list". Always try Google before asking a question...

Often Google will take you to these forums anyway.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Are you serious with this response?  A) How do you think we got here and B) no, there is not a solution for playing an Apple / iTunes Library on a Mac via the current "updates" to the app with the Mac OS (Catalina) update.  It recognizes the library but won't play.

This is all a joke.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina: Bose Sound Touch Who's issue is it ?

PLEASE NOTE:  Not all Bose Soundtouch speakers are Airplay devices.  The Left/Right speakers sold last year are only able to connect via Bluetooth and Soundcloud (Wifi).  This is reflected when opening Sound> Devices.  These speakers only appear if the are connected via Bluetooth given this new update / OS problem.  So it depends on what Bose speakers / System you purchased, sadly. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

After 7 months since Catalina released and the Oct note that Bose was working on a solution to allow Mac Music to work with Soundtouch, there is no update and nothing apparently on the horizon. This is incredibly frustrating and appalling for those of us with very expensive Bose speakers (I have a home theater, Wave, Portable, and others) that should work with my music library. Yes, I can launch the app and Airplay to the speakers, but that is a pain since it requires control on the Mac vs. using the Soundtouch app. When will you make this work? 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

dfra.sf@gmail.com wrote:

After 7 months since Catalina released and the Oct note that Bose was working on a solution to allow Mac Music to work with Soundtouch, there is no update and nothing apparently on the horizon. This is incredibly frustrating and appalling for those of us with very expensive Bose speakers (I have a home theater, Wave, Portable, and others) that should work with my music library. Yes, I can launch the app and Airplay to the speakers, but that is a pain since it requires control on the Mac vs. using the Soundtouch app. When will you make this work? 

Bose has surprised before, but I don't see Bose developing a a feature to allow Apple Music to put your personal catalogue onto SoundTouch speakers. The trend is Airplay streaming to speaker devices. That is what Apple has designed. XML is gone from macOS, so I am not even sure how Bose would develop such a feature. 

Frankly macOS can handle streaming via Airplay but is not very portable. Fine if you want to select a playlist, radio app or whatever and stream from your Desktop Mac, which is likely in other room. But most people nowadays run their apps, playlists etc, from their mobile device. That’s what I do and now I am comfortable playing Apple Music, or SoundTouch apps from my iPad Pro to my speakers while at breakfast. Works just fine. 

I think the feature to use a SoundTouch speaker as a storage device(NAS) is very last decade and past its prime.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Whilst the Apple Music app (iTunes) can no longer automatically produce an xml file it is possible to produce one programmatically using the supplied apple frameworks. As someone with no experience with programming for the Mac I have easily extracted the information using the supplied framework and this could be formatted into an xml file by any competent programmer. Why Bose haven’t done this is a question only they can answer but they seem unwilling to do so.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_controller_app/index.html

I just downloaded Catalina (and wish that I hadn't).  My Soundtouched disappeared.  But in searching for solutions here, I found this link and it worked perfectly.  Thank you, Bose.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

you make me very happy , but Catalina does not like it

it writes: SOFTWARE CANT BE OPENED BECAUSE APPLE CANNOT CHECK IT FOR MALICIOUS SOFTWARE.  2 options then: show in finder or OK.

what to do?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

Did you try the link that I had posted??

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Will that link allow you to play your music library on your computer which is stored in iTunes? I have the SoundTouch app on my phone and desktop and iPad but with Catalina you do not have the ability to play music stored on your computer on iTunes because the XML file is gone. Please let me know if your able to play your iTunes music library on Catalina with that sound touch link that you posted? Thanks