Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I will try it later.

Can I ask for point 7, are you adding the .app extension to the folder you created earlier in the process Or creating a new folder? If you are creaing a new folder is there a step missing where I need to move folder created earlier into the .app folder so that that soundtouch can see it??

Highlighted

Hey smm160, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today!

So at step 7 you will need to create a new folder (CMD + Shift + N to do this) and then right-click onto the folder and rename the folder to Itunes.app, the Mac will ask if you wish to add the .app extension to the folder, please select Yes. 

You shouldn't have to move the folder from here as the Mac should be able to see this! If you have any issues with this please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Thanks, how does the .app folder link to the folder created earlier in the process with the XML file in it? Do I need to place the xml file in the .app folder?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Dear Anne S and Bose community

Thank you for the step by step advise to be able to link the Itunes library with the bose app.

Can can listen to my music again.

May  kindly request that Bose keep us informed with the new development?

Regards

PW Liebenberg

Highlighted

Re: iTunes replacement doesn’t work on add music library is the any update coming?

Hello Hyde900,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you are having some issues using your music library since the update to Mac OS X Catalina.

A workaround has been posted above. Please work through the steps and let us know if you have any problems.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Thanks for the steps, that worked (although my iTunes folder and xml files already existed, I just needed to created the iTunes.app folder in the applications.  It will be good for Bose to fix this though so we don't have to repeat this each time new music is added. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: iTunes replacement doesn’t work on add music library is the any update coming?

Hello, it works but Soundtouch doesn't see the newest added albums.

With kind regards,

Jelco (Belgium)

Highlighted

Hi Jelco,

One of the limitations of the workaround posted, and the main reason it is considered a workaround rather than a fix, is that the XML library file you export is not automatically updated. What this means is anytime you add new music or update playlists and want the SoundTouch app to see them, that library file will need to be manually recreated to include the updated information.

If you recreate the library file and sync the music library, your new albums should appear after that.

I hope this helps,

Keith L 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Thanks for the response, I am going to wait for the final solution to this problem. Hopefully asap. Kind regards, Jelco

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2018

SoundTouch App compatibility with OS X Catalina

Does anyone know when/if the SoundTouch app for Mac will be updated to be compatible with OS X Catalina?  Specifically, deal with the XML issue with iTunes music?