Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina: Bose Sound Touch Who's issue is it ?

Hi @rickatk 

On MacOS, (Catalina 10.15.4) the Airplay icon at the top doesn't show SoundTouch 20 at any time for me, even when Music is open. The only place I could see the device was as in my post, in SyStem Preferences/Sound/Output.

On your question, what I mean is that when I play my library on Music, it now plays via my SoundTouch20 device now, which was my goal. 

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina: Bose Sound Touch Who's issue is it ?

@m4xwl wrote:

Hi @rickatk 

On MacOS, (Catalina 10.15.4) the Airplay icon at the top doesn't show SoundTouch 20 at any time for me, even when Music is open. The only place I could see the device was as in my post, in SyStem Preferences/Sound/Output.

On your question, what I mean is that when I play my library on Music, it now plays via my SoundTouch20 device now, which was my goal. 

Thanks for clarifying. I had seen a few posts where people were talking about Airplay via their Soundtouch app. Thought I was missing out on something. Fact is, there is an Airplay icon on the SoundTouch app interface now but it simply instructs people how to use Airplay. The actual connection needs to be done from the music apps and really has nothing to do with the SoundTouch app.

Glad you got everything working.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 22, 2015

MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

I cannot find the link to download the Soundtouch 20 desktop app for IMAC. (or for any other computer) 

I have just installed OS CATALINA, and the previous desktop app does not seem to work anymore.

Therefore I cannot listen to my desktop music with the Soundtouch, which is very inconvenient.  

Can somone let me know where I can download the Soundtouch desktop app for Imac ? 

Thank you for your help, 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

MacOS 10.15 - Catalina:

Can't bring my latest itunes library folders into my soundtouch app.

Highlighted

MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Hey @fabiodonato,

Thanks for your post!

Please see the beginning of this thread which shows how to get the SoundTouch app working with Catalina.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Mac Catelina does not allow to open the file via the procedure below as it is a non verified app. not very professional from a company with the reputation of BOSE

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2020

I cannot download SoundTouch's desktop app because Apple tells me that "SoundTouch-osx-installer.app can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." It also says, "This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information." Does anyone know if there is an updated app for Mac? Or is there a fix to turn off Apple's refusal to open it because it can't be checked for malicious software? 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Dear, how can I have my CD covers displayed in the soundtouch app?
Thanks in advance.

Jelco Belgium

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I attempted to do exactly what you said. However,  when I get to the export library  the folder 
Users doesn't show up.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

hi:

google your problem.  There is an easy fix which involves system preferences, and adding Bose to an "exceptions list". Always try Google before asking a question...