rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

@Jelco wrote:

Vicky,

Thanks for this feedback, I have already deleted and reset library fence several times to no avail. iTunes does display covers. No CD covers in soundtouch app. Greetings.

I wonder if this is a further progression of the XML issue.

I am curious...why are you using SoundTouch to play iTunes music. How do you actually do that? I believe Airplay is best for playing iTunes/Apple Music songs.

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Tried to update the application on iMac running macOS Catalina 10.16.7 and get the message 

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

Is there a work round for this issue?

JGWD282
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Hi,

I am finding it impossible to download the soundtouch app on my macbook.  It says that the software cant be checked by apple so wont let me open it.  Any ideas please as without it I cant seem to find a way to link to my music library.

Cheers 

Arbehbe
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

I would like to be able to play my iTune library from the SoundTouch App installed on my Mac computer.  However, that option is grayed out.  I was told that this was going to be addressed in an upcoming upgrade to the App or the Apple iOS.  That was several months ago.  Still cannot get this done.

Ega
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina A HUGE THANK YOU.

WOW! After a frustrating 24 hours  I have successfully re-installed the SoundTouch app. It WAS MADE POSSIBLE with the GREAT ADVICE re Catalina.

I am now able to play my music via Airplay!

AHH the beautiful sound through my Bose ST20!

Thank you for the post 10-11-2019

Ega

DiscoCoaster
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Changes to my music library in IOS do not sync to the sound touch app

I have added music stored on my computer in music but when I search the sound touch app (music library on computer) the new music does not show. What needs to be done so when music is added to my computer it shows in the sound touch app also?

App Version

DiscoCoaster
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Catalina has been out for over a year and by Bose own admission it said a fix was being worked on. One year later I would have expected to see that fix. And still none? Not happy. And now with the release of Big Sur who knows what sound touch users can expect with their stored music library. 

DiscoCoaster
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina Playing your stored music library in sound touch

Now I re formatted my computer and re installed the operating system, put back all my programs and now all my music in the music library is gone when I re installed the sound touch app. I realize you put the blame on Apple for eliminating the xml files which Bose used to import the music library but why hasn't a work around been created in all this time? Competitor Sonos still allows the playing of stored music on your computer thru their app. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?language=en_US 

Truecolours1971
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2016

I am using the Lifestyle 520 and now it's Big Sur but yet Bose have yet to update anything at all.

So I sold all my BOSE system few weeks ago and got myself Sonos. Hate those wires dangling here and there. 

Sonos just work and zero issues. Their support is great and you don't get the same robot respond.