joegaeta
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Wayne - 

Is is there an ETA on when this issue will be fixed?

Thank you.

PWL
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

bose app vs itunes

Dear Bose

Im the proud owner of a V535 system linked up with a SA4 with bose patio speakers

For the last 5 years ive always loaded my itunes library on the app and played via my v535 and patio, controlled the volume and playlist from the bose app.

After many updates it seems that i can only airplay to my SA4 patio speakers and not in combination with the app.

It seems that i cannot upload my itunes library to the bose app.

Currently so dissapointed.

Any advise? 

PWL
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Wayne are you in the same position?

Alex501
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

It seems like these are the only options we have. To be honest this is a very 1st world problem, anywho:

• Don't update your Mac, if you have, downgrade until a permanent resolution is met.
  • Use Windows.. speaks for itself.
  • Invest in a NAS drive. This is beneficial in many ways.
  • Use Bluetooth or Airplay if you have older Soundtouch devices.

We have a fair few options. I just Airplay to my Soundtouch 20 and play all. Works the exact same tbh.

EVOLVE, ADAPT, OVERCOME.

smm160
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I understand your comments but the latest soundtouch device, of which I have 4 (including a wave and lifestyle) do not have Airplay, they never came with it. So unless I buy a bigger phone to load my music on or a NAS I have no way of playing from my library, or maybe I have to buy a windows machine to run a duplicate library to the one on my iMac JUST to correct Bose mess (you have to be kidding with this suggestion).

Of course I have a some songs on my phone but the idea of this setup was to choose from my whole library on iMac. Bose suggested I Bluetooth from my iMac which of course won’t work due to distance away from some speakers and through walls etc, not mentioning that I would need to go to my mac to select and change songs...perfect.

Maybe another suggestion would be the I can aux in a CD to each speaker then I can go in my attic and get the original CDs to play each time I want to listen!

As a side note I went into a Bose store last weekend and asked about the speakers, I asked specifically if they work with ITunes, the person said yes but not some older versions. I then said my iMac is new so has the latest Mac OS they said “oh definitely they will work with iTunes then”. So Bose are still making money selling speakers that don’t work as advertised. 

Another side note I notice Bose sent a update down to my speakers this week, but no fix included,.

I hope they are looking at this as right now at this point I will not commit another penny to anything Bose, they have to keep pace with he big players otherwise they become sidelined.. It isn’t like people are aren’t aware that apple update their software.

BOSE IT IS TIME TO FIX THIS ALREADY !

Dpage
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I’m sorry but I’m not using airplay, I’m not gonna BUY a drive or jacks or any other accessories in order to fix Boses mess up. The purpose of sound touch is to play music from your library; play different music on multiple system using the APP. All the things your talking about are quick fixes until the main app updates or fixes. (Bandaids) The fixes you are referring to are bandaids. Bose needs to fix the issue. When this system first came out the app and Apple were perfect they need to relook and fix ALL bugs period!!

Dpage
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I’m sorry but I’m not using airplay, I’m not gonna BUY a drive or jacks or any other accessories in order to fix Boses mess up. The purpose of sound touch is to play music from your library; play different music on multiple system using the APP. All the things your talking about are quick fixes until the main app updates or fixes. (Bandaids) The fixes you are referring to are bandaids. Bose needs to fix the issue. When this system first came out the app and Apple were perfect they need to relook and fix ALL bugs period!!

gasface
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

been on the fence about flipping to sonos... this makes the choice easy....

Community Manager

Hi All, 

First of all, let me say that I'm sorry that you have been having this issue and I understand your frustrations and I would like to thank you for bearing with us. Our team is currently looking into it but it is early days so I haven't got an update for you yet.

While we review the integration of Apple Music for new and existing SoundTouch customers, I would like to share with you the following steps which I hope you will find helpful. These have been confirmed by some of our customers.

1. Open Apple Music.

2. Select File, then Library, then select Export Library.

3. This will open a window. Choose the User filder in the tab under Tags.

catalina 1.PNG

4. Select the file Users and then the name of the user you would like to access, then select music.

Catalina3.png

5. Once music has been selected, create a new folder called 'iTunes'.

catalina4.PNG

6. Adjust the name of the xml file at the top of the page to “iTunes Music Library.xml”.

Catalina5.PNG

7. Then go to Finder>Applications and create a new folder named 'iTunes.app'.

Catalina6.PNG

8. Finally, go into the SoundTouch app and add the library.

Please note that you will need to repeat these steps anytime you update your library.

Let us know if you have any questions!

All the best,

Anne S

Hyde900
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

iTunes replacement doesn’t work on add music library is the any update coming?

Since apples latest iOS update on macs it as meant I can no longer listen to the replacement to what was I tunes in my music libary. Is there a update or is there a end date to when it will be fixed?