Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

So does the Soundtouch desktop app not work at all anymore either>?  I open it, it says it needs to perform an update, and when I click update, it starts, then just crashes.  Anyone else getting this?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

It’s been happening to me for weeks and weeks. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

My soundtouch app does not show any cover of my albums or playlists ... can this be solved ??? and it's time for Bose to come up with a serious solution ...

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Try removing the app first using the uninstaller, reboot the computer then download and install the update.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: MacOS 10.15 - Catalina Soundtouch album covers

Thank you for this response. I have removed the app but it is not possible to install a new app.
I put back a time-machine version but still no covers although I was sure that covers were on that date.
I also do not have the option to perform an update.
Kind regards, Jelco (Belgium)

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I feel exactly the same as you !!!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

The workaround works, but gosh it is really clunky. Often I try to access music on the iPad app and IMac and it says cannot access library. Bose responses was firewall on my iMac, but that’s  rubbish as it is the same on the app actually on my iMac!

Also I have to recreate the xml each time I add music. Clunky as all get out. 

I‘ve been thinking maybe they want out of this market and this is their way of dealing with it. Right now Bose are being left behind and for me are no longer a big player. Shame as I love the sound of the speakers but that just isn’t enough any longer in this Internet of things world. Bose are becoming a dinosaur ! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

I can update now, thanks to your tutorial, however, when I open the app, the wording is way to the right of my screen and cannot be read.  Any help, as I obviously cannot use it if I cannot read it?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

If you can’t read the entire window on any app on your Mac, it’s likely because your screen resolution is scaled to be larger than default.

Select Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays

Choose Default. You should be able to read the entirety of any app window now. If not, you can select a resolution to the right of default, where is says “More Space”.

You can also find help here:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/make-it-easier-to-see-whats-on-the-screen-mchld786f2cd/mac

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Hi Anne_S. Our soundtouch system was a Christmas gift and we're still struggling over this issue with Catalina OS. I tried to follow your steps below, but I'm not understanding the connection between the steps to create a folder with the xml file in one location, and then an empty? .app folder in another location. When I'm in the soundtouch app after following these steps, I see the radio button to select "My iTunes Music Library" but then get a warning telling me to do something that isn't possible with this particular OS. Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.30.24 PM.png

What is the ETA for a fix on this, as my husband isn't a fan of the bluetooth method. Thanks.