Ahlieb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Multi room music with Soundbar 700 and Alexa

Hi. I just got the Soundbar 700 and also got a Bose home speaker 300. We have an amazon Alexa  in one room and the Soundbar 700 and home speaker 300 in three different rooms and would like to play the same music on all three. Is this possible? 

I see how we are able to connect the two Bose devices  in the Bose app. I also see how I can use the amazon Alexa app to setup multi room music for amazon Alexa devices, but the Bose devices don’t show up on this list. 

Is is there a way to connect and play multi room music on BOTH Bose devices and amazon devices? If yes, how? 

5 REPLIES 5
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Multi room music with Soundbar 700 and Alexa

I don't know, but you probably need to use the Bose Music app.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Ahlieb wrote:

Hi. I just got the Soundbar 700 and also got a Bose home speaker 300. We have an amazon Alexa  in one room and the Soundbar 700 and home speaker 300 in three different rooms and would like to play the same music on all three. Is this possible? 

I see how we are able to connect the two Bose devices  in the Bose app. I also see how I can use the amazon Alexa app to setup multi room music for amazon Alexa devices, but the Bose devices don’t show up on this list. 

Is is there a way to connect and play multi room music on BOTH Bose devices and amazon devices? If yes, how? 

Your should be able to join the Sound Bar 700 and the 300 Speakers using the Bose Music app. If you are not seeing all the speakers in your Bose Music app try logging out of your Bose account and logging back in. Resetting the speakers will help too!

Ahlieb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

I can group the two Bose devices on the Bose Music app - no problem but can I group the Bose devices with a non-Bose Amazon Alexa to play music? 

Hello Ahlieb, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry but you are unable to group Bose speakers with non-Bose speakers using the app. This is not a functionality that our integration with Alexa allows.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will certainly flag that you would like this as a feature with the development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Ahlieb wrote:

I can group the two Bose devices on the Bose Music app - no problem but can I group the Bose devices with a non-Bose Amazon Alexa to play music? 

Sorry I misunderstood the bit about Amazon Alexa as a free standing speaker. Unfortunately you won’t be able to join the Amazon speaker into the mix for multiroom. Same for trying to add Bose SoundTouch speakers with the newer Bose speakers using the Bose Music app, should you be considering SoundTouch as an option.