Highlighted
RegretfulSounTouch10Owner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

My Problems with the SoundTouch 10

I was really excited when I first bought this product but I got increasingly more frustrated as I kept using it. The sound is good but the following issues definitely drown every pro about the product.

Bluetooth problems since Day 1

Connection between my ST10s and laptop has always been very bad. Whenever I'm not pausing a video it disconnects and reconnects several times, prompting the beep sound. Sometimes I would pause the video for a few seconds, the speakers would disconnect and I would be unable to play the video again using the remote controller. Every time I use the speakers, this problem is guaranteed to occur a couple times. It's very annoying but I was willing to look past it. Until this second issue came along...

Sounds from certain apps won't play

This started occurring today, prompting this post for help. When connected to the ST10s, my laptop (Surface Book) won't play sounds from Google Chrome but somehow Firefox is fine. Also, whenever you adjust the volume on the windows bar with your mouse, it should make a sound to let you know how loud the speakers are. It no longer does that either.

It just seems that the ST10s are not optimized to work for laptops. I've had terrible experience with this product overall and would not recommend any laptop user to purchase it. My phone works well with the speakers but I bought it primarily for my laptop. I've owned the speakers for a couple months now and I am now starting to fully regret this purchase. I'm not sure if a refund is possible but fixing these issues would also work for me. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: My Problems with the SoundTouch 10

Hello RegretfulSounTouch10Owner,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about the Bluetooth issues you have been experiencing with your SoundTouch 10.

Regarding your Bluetooth issues, I'd recommend that you clear the pairing list of the speaker by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, delete the speaker from any previously connected device, especially your laptop. In addition to this, please visit HERE to ensure that your speaker is running the latest firmware version. This may also help with your second issue. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the results of these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support