Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJWPE
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

New Sirius XM Issues

Since the recent major update, I can’t play SiriusXM on my SoundTouch if I’ve opened the app on my phone within the 15 minutes prior to attempting to play on my soundtouch. I’ve force quit the app, even logged out of the app, and I continue to get the "SiriusXM Account is lived in elsewhere (4501)" message. 

This is ridiculous. Bose can’t seem to fix anything without breaking something else. 

Please do something about this. 

16 REPLIES 16
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: New Sirius XM Issues

Hi DJWPE,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem with SiriusXM since the latest update and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, when you say you are unable to play Sirius if you open the app within 15 minutes of trying to play on your SoundTouch speaker, are you talking about the Sirius app, the SoundTouch app or another app?

Also, does it always seem to be 15 minutes before you can play on SoundTouch or does the amount of time vary at all?

As you mentioned force quitting and logging out of the app as well, was this the Sirius app, the SoundTouch app or another app as well?

I look forward to hearing from you so we can get to the bottom of this together!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DJWPE
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

I thought I was clear, but apparently not.

If I open the Sirius app on my phone, then log out and close the app without playing anything, and then attempt to listen to Sirius on my soundtouch, the soundtouch shows the error noted.

After 15 minutes, the soundtouch allows me to listen to Sirius. It appears that the Soundtouch interface with Sirius is not checking the status frequently enough. This is a new problem, as I have not changed my habits with respect to the Sirius app. 

The idea that I would need to wait 15 minutes before switching devices is idiotic.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi DJWPE,

Thank you for the extra information. 

That was what I had assumed you meant from your first post, I just wanted to double-check in case I had misunderstood at all. Thank you for confirming this!

This is odd, in the latest update we have made changes to how the SoundTouch app and Sirius connect and communicate with each other but this is the first I have heard of this issue. 

It would be interesting to know if this happens only when using the app on your phone or the same thing happened if you logged in elsewhere. If you were to sign into SiriusXM's web player, then try and play from SoundTouch would you see the same behavior?

It would definitely be worth removing and re-adding your SiriusXM account to the SoundTouch app to refresh the connection between the two accounts. To do this open the SoundTouch app, open the menu and navigate to Settings > Music Services > SiriusXM > [Your Account] > Remove. Once this is done, force close out of the SoundTouch app, then re-open it and log back in from the same menu.

Let me know how this goes.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
DJWPE
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

It does not happen the same way from the web player. In fact, I was able to play both at the same time, and the Sirius website detected the multiple sign in.

Removing and re adding the service did not change the behavior.

Jessie_O

Hi DJWPE, Thank you for reaching out to us again! 

We have forwarded this feedback to our team and they are looking into this.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again. 

paulz342
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Just had a similar issue today. Was already listening to sirius on my soundtouch 10 (via the preset station) as I always do and when I opened the app on my phone, the sound touch went out. Won’t play sirius presets, but does play Pandora presets so not a problem with network connection. Tried all efforts previous poster did with same message “sirius in use elsewhere”.  Also, as stated, can play sirius on other devices TV, Sonos or web simultaneously with no issues. This issue never happened prior to latest soundtouch update.

I will see if waiting 15 min will get my soundtouch back to normal.

crumy
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I am having the same issue on Soundtouch.   Not logged in anywhere else as I am the only one with the account. 

JohnCarr
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

SiriusXM is not playing on my ST 10 speakers. The SiriusXM channel shows but no music.  I get an error message:  We cannot play that right now. Please try again later. Error 3103. Please help fix this. I have deleted and reinstalled SiriusXM. SiriusXM plays on my iPad and iPhone.   I have deleted and reconnected the ST 10 speaker. My ST 10 soft ware is version 26.0.1 and my ST app software is version 26.0.5. I am at a loss on what to do. 

john c. USA 

wbauer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Sirius XM no longer working on SoundTuoch app

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name SoundTouch 10 speaker

CountryUSA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)SoundTouch 10 speaker and SoundTouch app on a Mac computer

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce  After not using it for a few months I am again home and using the speaker and app.  The app and speaker are no longer able to access any Sirius XM stations although I am a subscriber and this feature always worked for me in the past.  I have no idea how to restore the app so it will play these stations for me.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)Anywhere in my home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?I started to experience this issue in the last couple of weeks.  Before then it always worked correctly.

Any troubleshooting steps you took  I tried to update the app's software but when it finished updating it would shut down the app on its own, and when I reopen it it seems that the software has not been updated.  I don't know what else to do.