Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

New Soundtouch app update fails to install, and can't re-install older versions.

Have a Soundtouch 10, kept being prompted to update app to version 23.0.0. Tried to update but failed with error message "couldn't create temporary file to complete install", fully uninstalled older version, re-downloaded latest and got the same error message. Tried to re-install the older version and also got the same message. App is running on pc, Windows 10, Version 1903, OS build 18362.356

Please advise??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: New Soundtouch app update fails to install, and can't re-install older versions.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Daveyp1127

1. Sign out of your SoundTouch account.

2. Delete App.

3. Reboot computer. 

4. Download and install updated app.

5. Sign back in to SoundTouch app. You may have to rejoin ST gear.

6. Hopefully that will work.

The key is signing out of your SoundTouch account, deleting your old app and reinstalling the updated app. 

Good luck.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: New Soundtouch app update fails to install, and can't re-install older versions.

Hello Daveyp1127, 

Thanks for reaching out today!

I am sorry that you are having issues, please can you try the following steps for me? 

• Check your computer's firewall settings.

• Close all open apps on your computer.

• Restart your computer.

• Ensure your system and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.

• Reboot your SoundTouch® system. (see Rebooting your system).

• Disconnect power from your router, wait 30 seconds and plug power back in.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Hi Vicky

I have tried everything you suggested but I'm not able to reboot the router. My system was working fine until I tried to update. What is the 'temporary file' the installation is failing to create which is causing the error message?

The link you provided does not go to a firewall settings help page.

Cheers

Dave

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

BTW, My firewall doesn't have Soundtouch as an allowed app, but that's because it isn't installed on my PC.  

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

clipboard_image_0.png

Hi Daveyp1127, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center as they have the ability to remotely help you. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

I am sorry that I cannot help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Author Accepted Answer selected by Daveyp1127

1. Sign out of your SoundTouch account.

2. Delete App.

3. Reboot computer. 

4. Download and install updated app.

5. Sign back in to SoundTouch app. You may have to rejoin ST gear.

6. Hopefully that will work.

The key is signing out of your SoundTouch account, deleting your old app and reinstalling the updated app. 

Good luck.

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Thanks for that, I'd done everything other than sign out of my account. Signed out and it installed! 

Hi Daveyp1127, 

Thanks for getting back to us, 

Did the sign-out and uninstall work for you? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

HI Vicky

I had already uninstalled the app, but it seems to be the signing out that's the issue. All installed fine now.

I clicked the fixed the issue button on the post by the other contributor.

Thanks

D