Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

No sound from Soundtouch base module

There is no sound coming from Soundtouch 300 base module. The pairing light is white. I have undertaken a factory reset and update with no success. Also, I have tried using a 3.5mm connector from the base module to the soundbar with no success.

The TV is an LG UHD TV 4K 43UJ75, and the soundbar is playing through the wireless/blueray setting.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No sound from Soundtouch base module

Hi Didger, 

Sorry that your Bass Module does not appear to be responding. 

May I ask which Bass Module you own? The Acoustimass 300/ Bass Module 700 or the Bass Module 500?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

I have the Acoustimass 300 Bass Modul along with a Soundtouch 300 soundbar.

Thank you for confirming this @Didger.

I would recommend adjusting the bass level to see if this helps. I have included the instructions on how to do that HERE

Let me know how this goes. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

I have tried this, and there is still no sound coming out of the base module.

Sorry to hear this @Didger

Let's also try and perform a reset on the bass module by following these steps below:

• Disconnect the power cord from the bass module for 30 seconds
  • After reconnecting power, wait 15 seconds for the bass module to reconnect to your system.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

I have tried this, and still no sound is coming from the base module.

I am sorry to hear this persists. 

Please reach out to your local support for further assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website.  Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need.

Thank you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!