Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

'Not Playable' error message from CD player on WAVE Soundtouch system

The CD player was playing fine earlier but after we relocated to a different city, it now gives the error message 'Not Playable' . You might ask, did you update ? Yes, from the appropriate update link on https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/support/article/updating-wave-soundtouch.html website , then subsequently,  restarting the system. The CDs, incidentally, are the same. I'd like to solve this. Does anyone know how? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 'Not Playable' error message from CD player on WAVE Soundtouch system

Author Accepted Answer selected by nsdin

Thank you for providing that information @nsdin.

You've mentioned attempting a reset on the system - did you disconnect the unit from power for two minutes? Have you tried connecting to a different power socket/outlet?

Also, if you were able to successfully attempt an update and that did not help the cause, there may be an underlying issue with your system. If after attempting the reset once more, you find no improvement, I'd strongly recommend reaching out to your local support team for India HERE.

Please let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hello Nsdin, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry but the link you provided is not working. Please can I confirm which specific Wave system you have? This will enable me to assist you further. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

Thanks for replying. The product ID is [SN hidden by Moderator]. It is Wave Soundtouch Music System, S description in the sales invoice. I hope that helps to home in on the solution. I update this unit with update.stu as provided at this website. 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by nsdin

Thank you for providing that information @nsdin.

You've mentioned attempting a reset on the system - did you disconnect the unit from power for two minutes? Have you tried connecting to a different power socket/outlet?

Also, if you were able to successfully attempt an update and that did not help the cause, there may be an underlying issue with your system. If after attempting the reset once more, you find no improvement, I'd strongly recommend reaching out to your local support team for India HERE.

Please let me know how you get on!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

Thanks, Sam. As you suggested, I reset and disconnected from the power outlet for 2 minutes this time. The CD player works now. Much thanks 🙂  

Cheers.   Enjoy your weekend. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

My Bose Wave CD system won't read my CDs. They claim it is "not playable." I tried other CDs, moving the Bose Wave around, and unplugging it. Anybody have a solution? I bought this from my Aunt Nancy.

Highlighted

Hi Nicole, 

Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues playing CDs on your Wave system. What CDs are you trying to play? self-burned discs or CDs you have purchased?

Have you also checked to ensure the discs are free of scratches? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

No, they are not burned CDs. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

They are CDs I have purchased.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

I am trying to play CDs I have purchased. Most of my CDs are NOT scratched. I know how to take care of my CDs by handling them by their hole and/or edges.