Highlighted
fixcoffeebarhtx
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Old SoundTouch 20 - Buttons Do Not Work

I have an old version of the Soundtouch 20 which has been working fine for a long time. However recently all the buttons (other than the AUX) will not function. I have tried AUX reset, I have tried Power Reset, I of course cannot try factory reset as Button 1 and Volume MINUS do not function. Is this due to recent software update back in November (which is when issue started, and last issue I had with unit was due to software update and I had to send unit back to Bose). Unit functions fine if I use the app, but I have absolutely no function from buttons on unit.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Old SoundTouch 20 - Buttons Do Not Work

Hi @fixcoffeebarhtx,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having with your SoundTouch 20 not functioning as expected. This would not have been a result or intention of any software update.

Have you attempted resetting the speaker? Simply unplug from power, wait two minutes, then reconnect. You may start getting a response.

If you find the buttons continue to not operate, then I'd have to advise you contact the customer service team for your region, to find out what to do next. They'll be more than happy to assist with further troubleshooting and also will inform you of the service options available.

To find contact information, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
fixcoffeebarhtx
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Thanks for reply Sam,

No amount of resetting worked.

In the end your text support suggested I send it back to BOSE FOC for repair. They conceded that it might well be the firmware update that is causing the issue. 

Highlighted

Hi @fixcoffeebarhtx,

Thank you for the update - sorry to hear that the reset did not help things.

However, I'm pleased to hear our customer service team were able to come to a resolution with you to get your system repaired, so you can continue to use it. If you ever do have any further questions or queries regarding your product, let me know - I'll be happy to assist.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.