DanoD
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Output level from Virtually Invisible Series II speakers is very low

I hope I am in the right message board. 

I have connected my new Series II speakers wirelessly to my Bose Smart Soundbar 300 speaker. I used the Bose app to do this.

After playing around with the levels for the rear speakers they now produce low sound but that is only if I turn the output level to +100. This is not what I expected. I have had the soundbar up and running for several months now and just purchased the speakers to act as rear surround sound.

The rear speakers are approx 

Here are the details of my products.

Bose product name

Virtually Invisible Series II Speakers & Bose Smart Soundbar 300

Firmware Version: 3.0.11-1134+0a36e05

App Version:iOS 4.4.3

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS14.5.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Turning on tv and which turns on soundbar and connects to rear speakers wirelessly.

The sound is slightly louder if I play from my iPhone

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Living room watching tv or listening to music on tv

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

This is the way it was out of the box with the rear speakers.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

turned up the output level to +100 in the app and then I started to get faint sound

5 REPLIES 5
Marvin_B

Re: Output level from Virtually Invisible Series II speakers is very low

Hi DanoD,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Here is a point that you might want to consider with the surround speakers sound.

The amount of sound coming from the rear speakers can vary due to the source material being played. Music and most TV shows typically do not have sounds to play through the rear speakers of a surround sound system. Movies and video games typically do have sounds to play through the rear speakers but it will not be constant.

You should expect a varying level of audio from the rear speakers depending on what is being played. 

Some TVs can only pass two-channel stereo audio to a connected sound system, even if 5.1 surround audio is connected to the TV. In these cases, connect the source device (i.e. cable box or Blu-ray player) to your Bose system using a digital cable to hear 5.1 audio.

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DanoD
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

HI, 

Thanks for the reply - I was aware of the differing output levels different sources produce but what I see or in this case hearing is only if I turn the output level to +100 to get any sort of acceptable sound. I know it won't be room filling sound but one shouldn't have to put your ear close to the speaker to hear the sound. 

BTW streaming music from my iPhone does produce better and noticeable sound so.  

D.

Marvin_B

Try power cycling the soundbar and surround speakers. Sign out of your account in the Bose Music app and unplug both from power for 1 minute.

After a minute, plug both back in to power and sign in back on the app. Test it afterwards.

That usually works!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DanoD
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

I will give that a try and let you know if there is a difference.

Thanks

D.

DanoD
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

So powering everything down and logging out of the app had a slight increase in sound level. But I still have to have the rear speaker levels at +100 just to get that.

Disappointed in these speakers - I guess my expectations were just a bit too high! I am going to try them with some 4K DVD's and see how that works out.

D.