Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abedoktor
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2021

Pair/Group Lifestyle soundtouch 135 with new speakers

Is it possible to group my old "bose Lifestyle soundtouch 135" with 4 pcs. new "Bose Surround Speakers / or other new speakers" in your app SoundTouch? More or less, add extra speakers to the SoundTouch 135 system and sync other SoundTouch speakers together for a multi-room listening experience.

So I get speakers throughout the house that play at the same time - and can control whether they should play simultaneously. I'm afraid "135" is too old technology, as it does not support HDMI arc either, or what?

Denmark

Lifestyle soundtouch 135

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Pair/Group Lifestyle soundtouch 135 with new speakers

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hey Abedoktor, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

It's great to hear you are still enjoying your LifeStyle SoundTouch 135 system. Whilst you cannot add surround speakers to your system, due to the fact that LifeStyle systems are designed to work as a unit. You can however, group other SoundTouch speakers, via the SoundTouch app to allow multi-room audio. 

If you have both Bose SoundTouch and Bose smart speakers in your home, you have some options for ways to use both types of systems together. This is useful to control or play the same content on both system types at once without opening multiple apps. You can do this using the Amazon Alexa skills. While Alexa is built into smart speakers, SoundTouch speakers can be recognized by Alexa by opening the Alexa app and linking your Bose account. By linking accounts, users can control their Bose smart speakers and/or SoundTouch speakers using their voice with an Amazon Alexa device, like an Echo, Echo Dot, or a Bose smart speaker. (Note: All system functionality available via the Bose app is not available via Alexa.)

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Vicky_W

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hey Abedoktor, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

It's great to hear you are still enjoying your LifeStyle SoundTouch 135 system. Whilst you cannot add surround speakers to your system, due to the fact that LifeStyle systems are designed to work as a unit. You can however, group other SoundTouch speakers, via the SoundTouch app to allow multi-room audio. 

If you have both Bose SoundTouch and Bose smart speakers in your home, you have some options for ways to use both types of systems together. This is useful to control or play the same content on both system types at once without opening multiple apps. You can do this using the Amazon Alexa skills. While Alexa is built into smart speakers, SoundTouch speakers can be recognized by Alexa by opening the Alexa app and linking your Bose account. By linking accounts, users can control their Bose smart speakers and/or SoundTouch speakers using their voice with an Amazon Alexa device, like an Echo, Echo Dot, or a Bose smart speaker. (Note: All system functionality available via the Bose app is not available via Alexa.)

I hope this helps.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

abedoktor
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2021

Hi Vicky_W,

Thank you very much for your fast response.

So does that mean I can't add these:

Bose Surround Speakers | Bose 

If I want to have multiple speakers playing together with my old system, is that what you say I can do with grouping? But only with specifics speakers? Which speakers could that be?

So it absolutely possible to group LifeStyle SoundTouch 135 with Bose Surround Speakers together using the Bose Music app. In the Bose app, is there a sync option in the product settings? For when broadcasting the sound from one of my system sources to a group of Bose speakers so they all play the same audio?

Tegan_M

Glad we could answer some questions for you. 

The Bose Surround Speakers are an accessory rear speakers for our Smart Home Soundbars, these can not be used as a stand alone product and is not compatible with the SoundTouch Lifestyle 135. If you're looking for compatible speakers to group through Alexa this is compatible with our Smart Home Products which you can view HERE. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
abedoktor
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2021

I appreciate your help.

So I can only get SoundTouch Lifestyle 135 to play with your four Smart Home speakers? So, Smart Home Smartbart 300, Smart Home Speaker, Smart Home Speaker 500 and Smart Home soundbar 700?

So with your Bose app system, I cannot add multiple speakers from the category "accessories" and get them all to play at the same time? So, if I don't want to buy a new soundbar and just want to add two small speakers to my setup in the living room for movie night and one in the kitchen and all play together at the same time - what small speaker do you recommend me to use together with my SoundTouch Lifestyle 135? I'm not interested in Alexia; I just want to add speakers to my current setup.

Thank you so much for clarifying all this for me.

Vicky_W

@abedoktor, thanks for getting back to us. I do apologize, in the previous posts, we did not specifiy, you cannot play TV audio from your LifeStyle system to another speaker. You can only use either the SoundTouch app or the Bose Music app via SimpleSync to use multi-room music playback. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

abedoktor
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2021

I apologize for my confusion.

But does that mean Bose does not support other speaker options to expand my Lifestyle Soundtouch 135?

I just need to have it completely defined. Can I not get Lifestyle Soundtouch 135 to play simultaneously/together with any other Bose speaker? No matter what?

Irina_I

Hi abedoktor,

You can get your SoundTouch 135 to play simultaneously with any speakers that work in the SoundTouch app (but there will be a significant delay if you are using these for audio for video). You would need to use the grouping option in the SoundTouch app to do this.

Also, please note that the SoundTouch 135 is not compatible with any of the native Bose Music compatible speakers, or SimpleSync.

All the best,

Irina

Ressentez et agissez plus intensément
Vous êtes nouveau sur la communauté Bose ? Jetez un œil à notre Code de Conduite afin de trouver des conseils utiles pour vous aider à démarrer ! Et n'oubliez pas de consulter les améliorations que nous avons apportés aux nouveaux classements et récompenses communautaires!
abedoktor
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2021

Hi Irina_l,

So if I buy "Bose Surround Speakers", I can use the grouping option in the SoundTouch app, and then my SoundTouch 135 will play simultaneously with "Bose Surround Speakers"?

And if I then use audio for video, then Bose has created a system with audio delay?

All the best,

Abedoktor

Hector_B

This isn't something that would work abedoktor as the Surround Speakers would need to be connected to a Bose SoundTouch Soundbar to be able to be grouped in the SoundTouch app. 

These speakers can't be used as stand-alone speakers and can also not be connected to the Lifestyle 135. 

If you have any further questions on this, please do let us know.