rroy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Paired group disconnects after turning off speakers

Hello,

I have two SoundTouch 10 speakers and created a stereo pair. That works great: when I press the power-on button on one of the speakers, the other one turns on as well and both play from the same radio.

Yesterday I bought a SoundTouch 20 to join that stereo pair. I've created a group via the app and paired all 3 speakers. All works as expected, however, when I turn off the speakers and then turn them on again, the group is lost and only 1 speaker is playing. I have to reach out for my phone to re-join all speakers again.

I sincerely hope that there is a setting to remember the group after being turned off. I'm not addicted to my phone, and don't have it with me all the time. I'd like to just press the power-on button on one of the speakers and all 3 should play from the same radio channel. Could anyone tell me how to do this? Essentially, I just like to save the paired group as a default.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Roy

6 REPLIES 6
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Paired group disconnects after turning off speakers

Because they are designed for multi-room this is how they are supposed to act.

I think the idea behind it is that if you're pairing the ST10s in stereo, they are in the one room, so it makes sense to stay connected and turn on together.  If the ST20 is connected it may be in a different room (Bedroom, Main, Kids etc) so if you turn on one, you don't want to surprise whoever's in that second room.

SO you turn on whichever room you're in and if you then go between rooms or have a party, you add the second/third to the group

rroy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Morlock,

That makes sense. Thanks for your message here!

Keeping all speakers paired is really a must-have when all speakers are in the same room. Is there anyone from Bose who can tell me how I can propose new features?

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I'm sure they'll respond shortly and pass it up the chain.

However again saying that they don't envision these being used in the one room, plus Soundtouch speakers have been around for about 6 years without this feature, I think it's less likely they'll make that change.  

rroy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Then this feature has been missing since 6 years! 🙂

** Bose development team: please add a toggle in the app to keep speakers paired in the same group after they have been turned off. I'm sure a lot of ST owners are looking for such a feature (they probably just don't know they are looking for it).

Hey Rroy, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I will most certainly pass on a feature request to the development team for you.

If this is implemented as a feature, it will be detailed in the release notes of a firmware update. 

Let us know if you have any other suggestions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Admin

rroy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Vicky,

That would be awesome! I'm really looking forward to this feature, and I'm sure other people too.

Imagine it would take 20 seconds to unlock the phone, launch the app, search for speakers and join them in a group. If Bose has sold SoundTouch speakers to 1 million people, we could collectively save 20 million seconds, or 23 full days. That's a lot of wasted time we could have spend otherwise listening to music coming from great quality Bose speakers!

Thanks for your help - really appreciated 🙂

Roy