cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T0MWH0
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2014

Pandora Stops Playing Every Few Songs (ST Portable)

I have various ST speakers around the house. One of them is an older SoundTouch Portable. Starting this week, the Portable will be playing a Pandora station and mid-song the “thinking” icon will show-up on the screen (and the song progress bar will stop moving in the app). The song will keep playing until the end of the song but then no song will play after that—it just continues to show the spinning icon on the speaker screen. No actual error message ever displays in the app, though.

This only occurs on the ST Portable, and only when playing Pandora.

I’ve rebooted the speaker, forced a firmware update, moved the speaker around the house, and even removed/re-added Pandora in the SoundTouch app. It’s still happening, though. Also, my wireless router shows the speaker with a good signal to my wi-fi.

Anyone had this and figured out how to fix it? Or is this another Bose speaker in the trash because of sub-par software?  😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
T0MWH0
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2014

Re: Pandora Stops Playing Every Few Songs (ST Portable)

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi @Jessie_O ,

I spent the day troubleshooting this yday, and it seems to be resolved for now.

For the sake of the community, here’s what I did to fix this, in no particular order:

- Unplugged / rebooted all SoundTouch speakers.

- Factory Reset the ST Portable.

- Forced firmware reinstall on the ST Portable, and on a few other ST speakers.

- Rebooted WiFi router.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Hey T0MWH0, 

Thank you for posting and reaching back out to the Community! Sorry to hear that you have been having this experience. 

Does this issue occur when the speaker is being played in a group or on its own? 

I'd also like to know if the issue occurs when streaming from another device or just the one you are currently using? 

We would love to hear back from you with further information? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
T0MWH0
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2014

Hi @Hector_B ,

Thanks for the quick reply!

This issue occurs when the speaker is playing on its own, yes. That’s the scenario during which I originally discovered the problem.

I’m listening to it now as a member of another “primary speaker’s” group. As part of another speaker’s group, it has not completely stopped playing or shown any symptoms described in my first post.

The issues described are not affecting any of my other ST speakers, no. Just this one.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
-Tom

T0MWH0
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2014

@Hector_B  Wait. I spoke too soon. ... Listening to the Portable as part of another speaker’s group, just now the Portable stopped playing audio mid-song. About 5secs later the primary speaker also stopped playing audio. They both just sat there for awhile “thinking”. Then music started back up on both of them. Displaying the same behavior as when the portable was playing on its own. ... This is weird.

Jessie_O

Hey Tom, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear this! I would recommend double-checking that you are running the most recent firmware. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
T0MWH0
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2014

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi @Jessie_O ,

I spent the day troubleshooting this yday, and it seems to be resolved for now.

For the sake of the community, here’s what I did to fix this, in no particular order:

- Unplugged / rebooted all SoundTouch speakers.

- Factory Reset the ST Portable.

- Forced firmware reinstall on the ST Portable, and on a few other ST speakers.

- Rebooted WiFi router.

View solution in original post

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi T0mWH0,

I'm glad to hear this is resolved for you now! I'm going to mark your post as the solution, so that if any other users encounter this issue with Pandora, they can easily find what fixed this for you. 

If there is anything we can do to help in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out again!