Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Play all cuts out

I have two soundtouch 10 speakers. Both well with range of the router and all up to date with latest software.

When I use the play all option the speaker that is not the host speaker cuts out ever few seconds for quite a long time. This is the same when the host speaker is switched. Wandering if I'm missing a trick or its a known issue (shouldn't be) 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Play all cuts out

Hello DannyS, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you're having some difficulties with your SoundTouch 10 speakers when using them in group mode. I would love to get this sorted for you. 

Just to clarify, each speaker works fine on their own but when paired the one that is not the host cuts out? Is this with all music services or is it with a particular one?

With this behavior, this is leading me to believe there may be some interference between the speakers? To identify if this is the issue can we please try and bring the two speakers side by side and see if the issue still persists? If it has gone, we can look to completing some steps to then allow you to have the speakers separately?

It is also worth noting that things like routers and wireless internet devices being too near to the speakers can also cause some difficulties with interference so moving the speakers away from these devices may help. 

There are some steps we can complete to ensure that the speakers are performing that their maximum quality, that should help to clear up any drop out issues. They are: 

1. Update the firmware on each of the systems. To do this, on the top of your system, simultaneously press and hold the 4 and Volume - buttons for about 5 seconds until all the lights on the front of your system blinking. You will need to wait while the update completes:
  • While downloading the update, the Wi-Fi light slowly blinks.
  • While installing the update, the Wi-Fi light glows for a few seconds, then blinks twice and repeats.
  • When the update is complete, the system might reboot, then the Wi-Fi light will glow solid.

2. Reset the speaker to give the system a refresh. To do this all you will need to do is unplug the system from power and then wait for 1 minute to reconnect it to power.

I look forward to hearing how you get on with these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.