tsax2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Play all not working - ST10 and ST520

Hello.  I've had a SoundTouch 520 for almost 4 years now that I've been very happy with.  I just recently bought a ST10 to go in another room, and it works very well also -  but the two don't seem to work well together.  When using the play all feature in the SoundTouch app, only the main speaker (i.e. the one that I add the other one to) plays consistently. The speaker that was added to the group only plays intermittently - almost like a CD with really long skips.  Can you help me get this resolved?  I really hoped to be able to have the same music playing in both rooms, but I'm not able to do that with this deficiency.

Details:

SoundTouch 10 - version 22.0.3

SoundTouch 520 - version 22.0.3

SoundTouch App - version 23.0.4

Router - ASUS RT-AC68U (all devices connected to 5GHz network)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Play all not working - ST10 and ST520

Author Accepted Answer selected by tsax2

Hello tsax2, 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with grouping your SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch 520. 

Can you confirm for me which system is playing intermittently? 

I would also recommend that you perform a reset of your router. Routers may need to be reset from time to time—much like rebooting a computer. Disconnect power from the router for 30 seconds, then wait for it to start up and connect. 

Please also check for any wireless interference. Wireless electronics can be affected by interference from other wireless devices. I would suggest you unplug devices you suspect might interfere to see if the issue is resolved. If it is, try relocating the device to an area farther from your system or wireless access point (i.e. 6 feet / 2 meters). 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by tsax2

Hello tsax2, 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with grouping your SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch 520. 

Can you confirm for me which system is playing intermittently? 

I would also recommend that you perform a reset of your router. Routers may need to be reset from time to time—much like rebooting a computer. Disconnect power from the router for 30 seconds, then wait for it to start up and connect. 

Please also check for any wireless interference. Wireless electronics can be affected by interference from other wireless devices. I would suggest you unplug devices you suspect might interfere to see if the issue is resolved. If it is, try relocating the device to an area farther from your system or wireless access point (i.e. 6 feet / 2 meters). 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

tsax2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Thank you so much for your help!  I reset the router, and now both speakers seem happy.