Highlighted
Bluebox3000
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Playing music from exteral DVD player on ST 300

Just purchased ST 300 speakers and downloaded the app and set it up on my tablet. Works fine with streaming music from streaming service and other sources like YouTube. I have a collection of CD's that I like to play every now and then and a Wireless/Bluetooth blu-ray player (Sony BDP-S6700).

I would like to see it as a source for the speakers and it is connected to my android tablet with the app installed, but I cant see it a as a source in the app. How can I make this work?

4 REPLIES 4
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Playing music from exteral DVD player on ST 300

Which Bose product are you talking about?  There are no Bose Soundtouch 300 speakers that I am aware of.  Are you talking about a Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar or Bose Home Speaker 300?  They are totally different and use a totally different app.

Bluebox3000
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Re: Playing music from exteral DVD player on Bose Home Speaker 300

Looks like I got my product terminology wrong.

It would be "Bose Home Speaker 300"

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to post @Bluebox3000 - welcome to the Community.

I first apologize for any trouble you've had regarding the set up of your speaker to play your CD collection.

Just to confirm, have you managed to use the Home Speaker 300 to play your CD's? Or, are you are planning to connect the Blu-Ray player to the speaker? If so, do you have your Blu-Ray player connected to your TV? Also, could you confirm what you're using to play your CD collection?

Have you been able to hook up your Home Speaker 300 to your TV via Bluetooth for audio?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Bluebox3000
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Thank you for your reply.

I have not yet managed to use the Home Speaker 300 to play my CD's, but I would really like to. It was a big part of the reason I purchased these speakers. The blu-ray is not connected to my TV (Samsung smart TV). The DVD Blu-ray player is a Sony ( BDP-S6700).

I may too naive in this, but I was hoping I could pop in a CD and see the player as a source in the app and select to listen to the audio. Maybe the technology has not reach such usability yet....