Playlist Play order differs between Mac iTunes and Bose app

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Playlist Play order differs between Mac iTunes and Bose app

I am streaming my iTunes library on my Mac via the Bose app on my iPad to my SoundTouch 300 SoundBar.  The songs in my playlists are sorted in "Album" order.  However, they show up in "Artist" order in the Bose app on my iPad.  So, for example, movie soundtracks do not play in sequential order.

The Bose app, iOs and MacOS are up to date.  I've deleted and re-added the music service, then synced the library, and finally rebooted my Mac.  No change in sort order.

Any ideas on how to fix??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Playlist Play order differs between Mac iTunes and Bose app

Solved this by myself, sort of.  There was another discussion thread hidden deep within Bose...

The solution is to:

1. Open your iTunes Music Library;
  2. Open the Playlist in question;
  3. Click on "Album" in the column browser to sort, either ascending or descending, by album title;
  4. Control-click on the Playlist title in "Music Playlist"; then select "Copy to Play Order" in the pop-up menu;
  5. Select the Bose app icon in the task bar;
  6. Select "Sync Music Library" in the pop-up menu.

That should take care of everything.

2 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Solved this by myself, sort of.  There was another discussion thread hidden deep within Bose...

The solution is to:

1. Open your iTunes Music Library;
  2. Open the Playlist in question;
  3. Click on "Album" in the column browser to sort, either ascending or descending, by album title;
  4. Control-click on the Playlist title in "Music Playlist"; then select "Copy to Play Order" in the pop-up menu;
  5. Select the Bose app icon in the task bar;
  6. Select "Sync Music Library" in the pop-up menu.

That should take care of everything.

Hello mikesafford@tumwater.net,

Thank you for posting.

I'm glad you were able to find the solution on the Community and happy you shared it for others.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support